Info about a frame with Ritchey dropouts ?

Bart_75

Dirt Disciple
Hi,

Recently picked this frame up, and i'm very curious about it.
I'm thinking that it's a titanium frame,i'm pretty sure it's not alluminium , i just don't know what builder made this.
Maby somebody recognize this frame. It has Ritchey dropouts and also very sadly a ditch at the top tube :( .
I hope someone recognize it.
dscn4092wp.jpg

dscn4089m.jpg

dscn4099z.jpg

dscn4102j.jpg

dscn4105f.jpg

dscn4104o.jpg

dscn4107y.jpg

Regards
Bart

It's a Rocky Mountain, probably a Blizzard, but could be a Hammer or Altitude. Definitely not a Ritchey, RM used Ritchey drop outs for most of their steel frames. Nice find.

1995 model what ever it is, if the serial number is like normal.

Given it steel, it's not a Rocky Mountain.

Bike-tech / MuddyFox / another one took over that style frame design...

In my case i think also the closest is the rocky mountain but the cable guides of a Rocky running sidewards instead of upwards @ the top tube.
So it's still a bit confusing, but thanks anyway for the reactions , now i have a more research info to identify this one.

And i figured out the titanium vs steel case : i did a simple test with a magnet.
Steel is magnetic compared to titanium that is nonmagnetic , and tadaaa.... it's magnetic so it's a steel one :LOL:
My god ....that i did'nt come up the idea before :facepalm: :oops:

Wold Ranger":1y6h7q7c said:
It's a Rocky Mountain, probably a Blizzard, but could be a Hammer or Altitude. Definitely not a Ritchey, RM used Ritchey drop outs for most of their steel frames. Nice find.

Right, not a Bontrager :facepalm:

That rear brake guide is really bugging me...looks really familiar, but maybe it's been on a load of other frames. I agree that it's not a Rocky due to the cable guides, even though it looks a lot like the Equipe that I had. Also, the Rockys I've seen with Ritchey dropouts have had flatter dropouts, not the slightly recessed ones above.

So that hasn't helped at all has it? :D

Back