Using Magura rimbrakes with a Trimble

Well Ive heard that because the rear is a Ubrake the canti posts are lower/higher than normal. I think Maguras can be used in this way by swapping or tunring them upside down or whatever?

Jez To use Maguars on "U" brake posts You mount the holder upside down but it means you can't use the booster as the mount is now at the top and not the bottom ;)

Jez Back in the day you could get a plate that picked up on the "U" brake posts to act as a booster and then you mounted the brakes PACE RC 100 style

Magura and U Brakes.

retroking#1":2w9jth72 said:
Jez Back in the day you could get a plate that picked up on the "U" brake posts to act as a booster and then you mounted the brakes PACE RC 100 style

I think these things were called 'Dog Bonez' or something like that. They were used a lot on BMX bikes, so I guess if you have a look on a BMX forum, there may be leads on where to find one.

odysey used to make a u4 plate which had holes in the right places to be used for cantis or u brakes. i'm sure with a bit of bodging one of those could be made to fit.

I had used the reverse magura option on gt´s before and they had worked fine, you just needed some square plastic - magura supplied - things to adjust the distance of the gap between the mount and the frame, of course maguras have changed a bit and I was using the 1st generation versions :!: .

Back