Help save an abandoned rockhopper!

Re: Found a rockhopper!

Got a reply from the police. It's not been reported stolen. They've offered to send an officer round which seems unnecessary. I've replied to tell them that and asked if I can legally keep it to repair for my own use, now waiting to hear back from them.

Re: Found a rockhopper!

It's mine! Their reply:

"As it has not been reported and has been left abandoned, there would be no issue over ownership, you have not obtained with any criminal intent and if you didn't keep it you would only scrap it, so go ahead if you can make use of it. I will keep this email as record of our communication over the subject."

OK, I've decided to do this as a "no budget" build as I'm in no hurry to get it done and I'm not after show-winning results. So I'm going to ask here for donations. Will pay p&p! I also need some advice as this is modern by my standards, so I'm not all that familiar with how everything goes together.

First up I need a seatpost bolt/clamp suitable for this (it's the blue frame, not the silver one):

8828030900_6747a9c078_b.jpg

Anyone? :)

And I'm aware that I have some stuff missing from the headset/steerer although not too familiar with threadless headsets so not sure exactly what...should I just replace the whole thing?

8828039396_57ac4a49a6_b.jpg

Good karma and/or swaps for bits in my shed coming your way. :D

Headset appears to be missing a spacer or two and the cap & bolt (former put the steerer tube in the correct location a few mm down the stem tube, latter provide pretensioning to the bearings before you clamp up the stem).

Any standard QR (or bolt-type) seat pin clamp bolt should fit the frame.

Can't wait to see this built up myself :D

I've recently built myself a 2000 rockhopper FSR using mostly modern parts and really need to get pics taken of her (as well as actually riding her, been ill since I completed the build!)

I have the original Front: 26 x 1.90" Specialized Dirt Control tyre in my basement. It's a bit worn but still has some miles left in it.
I'll put a pic up later.

Oh no it's a team control 26 x 2.0 actually.
Its yours if you want for postage. I might be able to post it tuesday but if not its gonna be next tuesday/wednesday because i'm off to Amsterdam Tuesday afternoon.

Back