Some nice klunker bits (from a Dawes Ranger)

Re: Some nice klunker bits (breaking a Dawes Ranger)

OK, there's enough interest in the bits to make me think that I will probably split the Ranger this weekend. There's been some interest in the bike as a whole, but as I'm quite keen to keep the frame, and the bits add up to a few quid, I would need an offer around the £200 mark to sell it in one piece.

Provisional dibs on everything but the shifters and the wheels now. That said I've not had a full price offer on the pedals so if you're interested at £20 they're yours.

Shifters and wheels are both nice by the way - the thumbies are the nice all alloy ones and work well. Compatible with most gearing systems as long as you're ok with friction shifting. The wheels are tight and true with no significant sidewall wear, free running bearings and nice stainless spokes - little or no corrosion to be seen. The 6 speed Helicomatic freewheel is in good order and I might be able to dig out a spare, too. Well worth the asking IMO but if you can collect I will take £20 cash for the pair.

I've also removed the "breaking" from the thread title, as I don't want to give the impression that anything's getting thrown away/scrapped! :)

Didn't have time to spit this up over the weekend but all being well I'll have a go next weekend. Unless anyone wants to give me £200 for it as is (worth it, but unlikely) :)

OK, stripped the bike this morning. Here are the undibbed bits.

8828166712_9d7520ea28_b.jpg

Suntour Power Ratchet shifters - £20

8828152482_3373524cd7_b.jpg

SR MP 470 Pedals - £20

8828060614_8a8642bb95_b.jpg

8828065202_f8cdc4f6fc_b.jpg

Weinmann/Maillard wheels (tight and true) - £25

Back