The original amber wall tyres thread

Re: original amber wall tyres are becoming harder to find

Jon Smith":1d4ved7j said:
I have just paid for a batch of 2.1 Smokes in amberwall. They should be with me by the end of May. I'll put a post in the For Sale section when they arrive.

I'll be keeping an eye out for these, any ideas regarding the price?

price would be good to know. Do I buy from Germany when they arrive, or hold out?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Panaracer 2.1 Smoke Classics Amberwall tyres have landed. At last!

Please see my For Sale thread viewtopic.php?f=2&t=257248.

Thanks,

Jon

Can't follow that link and can't find amberwalls in fs section! :evil:

Im doing quite well for them :D
Admittedly im at a bike recycle place so the older tyres that come in i check over to see if theyre worth keeping.
So far ive got a nice pair of psychos 2 in grey with black sidewalls. A pair of spesh hardrock branded skinwalls. A nice smoke lite (which i think is new :? ) and a nice cream xc magic. as well as some bonty Jones's
I did have a new green wildgripper but someone took it out my pile :evil: I know who it was and he's shot himself in the foot there. He's off my Xmas list for sure.

I always consider 'Period Correct' as excluding consumables like tyres, cassettes and brake pads.

Chainrings maybe?? But, due to them not being ‘perishable’ and the high visual aspect, 'logos, shape etc' ; not so much.

If the tyres are re-issue or similar looking amber / skin wall, they should be acceptable to the RB police.....

Collection of these consumables is not sustainable, if bikes are ridden!

Neither are other parts, but they are more long term. ;-)

TBH as much as i love nice period amberwalls paying that much for them and then riding them is not good money sense for me.

However Charge splashback's are by comparison dirt cheap (£25 for a pair of kevlar folding ones... yes please!) look good and tbh... grip pretty darn well!

Back