Black Country Steel

was8v":1ta9kpuv said:
Yellow will look very cool on the Orbit, sometimes wish I'd done mine yellow rather than the orange. Did you ever get the stickers? If not I can order up another set, let me know.

DX is great kit and will suit it well :cool:

A nice twist for the Zinn would be M900 :cool:

How do the two f&f compare weight wise?

Stickers still haven't arrived mate, I'm not sure how long it's been since you posted them, I think it has to be 21 days before they're officially lost. Maybe if you do another run of two bikes worth, like in your photo, coomber might be interested in going halves with me?

Definitely going with DX on the Orbit but as for M900 on the Zinn I don't actually own one piece of the groupset. I think M900 is a bit flash for me TBH :D .

I haven't had a proper weigh in but after the photos I did try them on the kitchen scales. I could only weigh them by balancing them with a little assistance on the rear dropouts (in their assembled state). It's a bit inaccurate but I think there's a good 200g difference between two framesets as they stand in the photo.............The Zinn is lighter.

Otherself - Powdercoat, cheap, durable and I don't have to do all the hard work myself!

Quick update : Fetched the Orbit back from the powdercoaters today, really pleased with the job they've done. Next job is to apply decals as supplied by was8v ( :cool: ) and then I'm waiting for the new headset to arrive before I can move on.

Here's a couple of photos I took in between the showers this afternoon, it started raining again when I did the close-ups. I struggled to really capture the colour but the one of the fork crown looks closest on my screen.

Attachments

• Fresh Orbit 3.JPG
    Fresh Orbit 3.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 218
  • Fresh Orbit 2.JPG
    Fresh Orbit 2.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 218
  • Fresh Orbit 1.JPG
    Fresh Orbit 1.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 218
poweredbypies":la3kbtzp said:
Looks like a well done job that chris, where did you get it done?

I had it done here http://www.bournespowdercoating.co.uk/

I've had a couple of frames done there in the past which, although weren't perfect, have stood the test of time (ie no rust coming through). When I dropped it off I layed it on a bit that this was my pride and joy and not just some old frame. Really impressed that the guy had listened to how I wanted the bb masked too, they usually mask the thread and faces but I wanted the faces painted. Apart from shaking out the excess shot, the frame is pretty good to go, everything that needed to be masked has been.

They chemically strip the frame, then blast and powdercoat for the bargain price of £30. Any extras such as forks, stem, etc are just another fiver each so I had all this done for £40. I didn't realise but they do a lot more colours than they've got on show there. They had a road frame hanging up in British Racing Green and the bloke said they also do the Bianchi colour (whatever you call that), basically if you don't see it just ask.

Wow that's yellow! Looks great :cool:

That looks really fantastic :cool: can't wait to see it built.

We will have to all turn up to a national on our Orbits, there's a growing contingent!

was8v":1sucud9r said:
That looks really fantastic :cool: can't wait to see it built.

We will have to all turn up to a national on our Orbits, there's a growing contingent!

Blimey! I'll have to get a move on with mine! :oops:

Great idea to have an Orbit meet though!

Back