Wanted: 531 framed racing bike in rideable condition

Annoying Twit

Dirt Disciple
I'm not sure how the marketplace for classic bikes work, but I'm going to say that I'd like a Reynolds 531 racing bike in rideable condition for £100 plus or minus. Would have to be in striking distance of Leicester so that I can ride it first.

I've no idea what I'm likely to get for what prices, but if I don't ask, I won't find out.

Edit: About 57cm, plus or minus a bit.

I have a resprayed ernie Clements frame and fork only for that price. Do have parts for a full build but will obviously take you over your budget

Thanks. I've thought about your offer, but with it being only a frame and forks, there would still be an awful lot to add and a high cost to make a complete bike. I've noted that there have been some completed sales on ebay for my target price, albeit too far away or wrong size frame. I'd imagine that it would be quite likely I'll eventually end up being more flexible on price and/or specification (e.g. 501 tubed bikes). But for the moment I want to see what comes to me if I wait.

Ok, let me know if interested could poss build it up for you for about £200. You could try lfgss site where I've seen couple of full bikes in your budget

Back