'97 Explosif 'in the raw' - finished(?), photo's soon...

Yeah, coping with the mud...

...and being stored in a rather damp shed! :(

Anyone got any foolproof methods for preventing saddles going mouldy, other than taking them off and storing them indoors? :?

Re: '97 Explosif 'in the raw...' - Updated 10.07.12

Hasn't your neighbour got a decent shed or garage you could use and your Kona looks amazing by the way :cool: ...

Muddy paw":ydi2xhj9 said:
Hasn't your neighbour got a decent shed or garage you could use and your Kona looks amazing by the way :cool: ...

My neighbour's shed is worse that mine...

...and has the MTrax in it that I built up for him!

This is 99.99% finished now though, so look out for some gold ano CnC loaded photo's any time soon :cool:

Put it this way, I swapped out the gold CK headset for a blue ano Onza when it still had the Manitou fork; then I found a gold ano headset that was actually a perfect match for the Raceface external BB so just had to have it!

Then SWMBO bought me some stupidly lightweight brake levers that are just the Mutts Nuts!

Yup, this one's a real 'Hotrod' :cool:

having just re-read one of my posts on the previous page I've realised I'd completely forgotten about the Grimeca hydraulic disk set up I bought when this was going to be wearing a Z1 up front; I can't even remember where I've put them now! :facepalm:

Yummy !! i cant wait for the pics and you'll have to have a word with your neighbour over that shed of his as he needs to get it sorted so you can store your bike as he at least owes you that much for putting his bike together :LOL: ..

I'm looking forward to seeing these levers and you didn't leave the disk brakes attactched to your neighbours bike by any chance did you :eek: :shock: ..

wow.....love the visible brazing!
what wheels are the twin spoke disc? i like 'em!!

zetecmk2":3asby5pu said:
wow.....love the visible brazing!
what wheels are the twin spoke disc? i like 'em!!

Yes, I did think the brazing was pretty good for a mass produced frame...

...and the wheels are cheap end-of-lines from (cough!) H*lfords; I have another pair on my RSP as I really like them :cool:

Those wheels ahem! look pretty good considering where you got them from :shock: ..

Yes, there's a bit of a weight penalty over the Mavics...

...somewhat easier on the wallet though!

H :oops: lfords 'Bikehut' decals were easy enough to peel off, and the Mavic decals were just for a bit of fun but haven't yet made up my mind whether to leave them in place or not?

I'd leave the Mavic decals on ;) ,,afterall what harm can it do and it will come across impressive to those that see them and don't know any better :LOL: ...

Back