Vitus KAS with a Mavic SSC Groupset

stringfellow1946

Senior Retro Guru
Another one of my restoration bike rebuilds this one is a Vitus KAS with a full Mavic SSC Groupset including SSC Rims. This has the rear gear Mavic 801 that looks like a piece of Meccano, Mavic Front Gear, Chainset, Bottom Bracket, Pedals, Mavic brakes (made by Modolo), Mavic Headset, handlebars & stem, Mavic Hubs & Simplex gear levers.
Missing the Toe Clips & Straps ( I don't know which ones he used)
Again with no Tubs fitted (as I won't be riding the bike)
No doubt all my Irish friends will tell me its completely wrong & I’ve fooked it up. But hay ho I can’t find many photos of the King to compare the bike to what he rode.

Anyway enjoy it for what its worth.

Attachments

• IMG_1000.jpg
    IMG_1000.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 1,992
  • IMG_0996.jpg
    IMG_0996.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 1,992
  • IMG_0992.jpg
    IMG_0992.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 1,993
  • IMG_0994.jpg
    IMG_0994.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 1,993
  • IMG_0990.jpg
    IMG_0990.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 1,992
  • IMG_0989.jpg
    IMG_0989.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 1,992
  • IMG_0987.jpg
    IMG_0987.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 1,992
  • IMG_0985.jpg
    IMG_0985.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 1,992
More photos of The KAS Vitus

Attachments

• IMG_0998.jpg
    IMG_0998.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 1,989
  • IMG_1002.jpg
    IMG_1002.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 1,989
  • IMG_0999.jpg
    IMG_0999.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 1,989
  • IMG_0991.jpg
    IMG_0991.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 1,989
  • IMG_1006.jpg
    IMG_1006.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 1,989
That is lovely.

I have a Vitus 979 Cross Frame that I really ought to think about doing something with!

Shouldn't the chainset bolts be black on that chainset? I use to have one from when they were new - I still have the big chainring as I 'upgraded' the big ring to a Super Record back in the days when I couldn't afford the real thing, a real Super Record chainset that is....!

Theoldfm":3bbhyfwy said:
That is lovely.

I have a Vitus 979 Cross Frame that I really ought to think about doing something with!

Shouldn't the chainset bolts be black on that chainset? I use to have one from when they were new - I still have the big chainring as I 'upgraded' the big ring to a Super Record back in the days when I couldn't afford the real thing, a real Super Record chainset that is....!

Just had a quick look on the internet & YES you are correct the chainring bolt should be black. Thanks for pointing that out.
Shows how much attention I pay to small details. (doh)

Chris

Another nice one! I think the bikes you're leaving without tubs would look a lot better with some tubs fitted though - surely you could fit some tan wall tubs without glue, at least for the pics? Even if they're not the "correct" tubs for the bike, it would still look a lot better than no tubs at all!

foz":1e695hk6 said:
Another nice one! I think the bikes you're leaving without tubs would look a lot better with some tubs fitted though - surely you could fit some tan wall tubs without glue, at least for the pics? Even if they're not the "correct" tubs for the bike, it would still look a lot better than no tubs at all!

Yea I agree with you 100% Foz, so anyone out there that wants to donate some free tubs for any of the bikes please do so they will be most gratefully received & I will post you as a sponsor for that bike.
NB these will not be ridden on the road but just used for display.
Chris

What a beaut... always fancied a Vitus... Have more or less the same Mavic components and Simplex Retrofriction levers on my 531c.

Nice one :)

Ian Raleigh":3obi5w3s said:
Nice un' this is! Is it now up and running ? Not fault picking but is that a crack on the rear drop-out ?

No its a mark/scratch on the dropout, looks like it needs good clean :) to me.

Back