Capital punishment

There is no issue of doubt in this case, but I believe as a society we should be humane.

Lethal injection fits the bill.

FMJ":2dsf9b8e said:
There is no issue of doubt in this case, but I believe as a society we should be humane.

Lethal injection fits the bill.

There are some I'd like to give a lethal injection to, Oh god I would, really really! for child and adolescent abuse and even as an adult, not like the three women in America by any means, but that is a wish, not a logical solution. My logical wants are for a court of law which has to be objective whatever you or my personal feelings are. You cannot be ruled by what you feel but by what is just by what would have been your wish for the individual. I think we should say you can not get away with it but we are not as inhumane as you are. I know that is hard to accept, as part of me wishes the same on my aggressors, but it has to be objective not subjective.

Alison, giving too much away

Isaac_AG":37brxq2l said:
I don't believe we should sink to the depravity of these people just to think we've got our own back, surely we are better than that. Not to mention you'd just turn them into martyrs
Take Al Megrahi. Convicted of killing 270 by blowing up a plane over Lockerbie. It took ten years to get him to trial and then another ten years in jail at our expense. Then we release him (to a heroes welcome in Libya) because he supposedly had three months to live, yet he actually lived another three years.

No wonder the US think we're pussies.

Executing one guilty man in response to him deliberately killing 270 innocents does not make us the same in any way whatsoever, and I can't understand why anyone would see it differently.

technodup":69zouicc said:
Isaac_AG":69zouicc said:
I don't believe we should sink to the depravity of these people just to think we've got our own back, surely we are better than that. Not to mention you'd just turn them into martyrs
Take Al Megrahi. Convicted of killing 270 by blowing up a plane over Lockerbie. It took ten years to get him to trial and then another ten years in jail at our expense. Then we release him (to a heroes welcome in Libya) because he supposedly had three months to live, yet he actually lived another three years.

No wonder the US think we're pussies.

Executing one guilty man in response to him deliberately killing 270 innocents does not make us the same in any way whatsoever, and I can't understand why anyone would see it differently.

I know it seams logical to put to death people who commit mass slaughter whether that being the Lockerbie disaster, or the Dunblane massacre, although he did kill himself, the point is killing one or many is still killing, it's still murder in my eyes. It is humanity at it's best that does not destroy a life for a life or many lives. I know that it is so easy to put to death these people but in some ways I think that is what they want, they want to be martyrs for their beliefs why give them that opportunity, Let them be prisoners for life, as I have said I would rather be the tax payer for a prisoner than an executioner for anyone .

Alison

Isaac_AG":2sy3x1ve said:
It is humanity at it's best that does not destroy a life for a life or many lives. I know that it is so easy to put to death these people but in some ways I think that is what they want, they want to be martyrs for their beliefs why give them that opportunity,
I'd be happy with the trade off. We shouldn't be in a position where they win either way; martyrdom or life at at our expense.

It's one of those ones that public opinion would back, which is why politicians won't ask us if we'd like it.

Isaac_AG":1wvypp2v said:
we are not as inhumane as you are. I know that is hard to accept, as part of me wishes the same on my aggressors, but it has to be objective not subjective.

Yet we'll put a dog down (via lethal injection) when it's beyond help and call it humane.

Is that not euthanasia? that's totally different that's people who are so physically ill that they feel there is only one way out in a life without value to them, that's a seriously ill person's choice it has nothing to do with murder of innocent civilians and their aggressors. I find this hard to argue to be honest, as I feel people have a right in certain circumstances to choose when they die. I don't want to be in a semi coma state and live, but I don't think people should die, especially to become martyrs because we feel they should die.

That is a mater to the individual, not a matter of law, well it is in this country, but at the Dignitas clinic it is not, and maybe here it also won't, although I cannot imagine it.

Alison

It seems to be quite comm for dangerous dogs to be put down.

If a dog bites you badly i believe it often results in the dog being put down.

dan smith":3o8k0atn said:
It seems to be quite comm for dangerous dogs to be put down.

If a dog bites you badly i believe it often results in the dog being put down.

Actually my neighbours dog bit my daughter quite badly, my neighbour was so sorry and offered to have his dog put down, we could not agree with such an action, he is still alive running around and not biting anyone. I still stand by my argument, murder for murder is not the answer. OK I don't know what is, I wish I had the answer, but if government has not answered it in centuries be if life or death, what are our prospects now, death shows not to be the answer.

Alison

Back