Aviemore National Meet Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
lookin good.

I've packed my track pump and shock pump also along with GPS, first aid kit and emergency foil blanket. ZZ just make sure the route map you have has lattitude/longitude grid no's marked on it.

Hi Guys
Thanks Velo
Just thought I better check as I realise its a national meet and didn't want to upset the macretro crew.
I have to admit its been a long time since my Stumpies seen any action, its all been 1X1 and now the Pugsley for the last few years. I have been looking forward to catching up with everyone.
Have had a rubbish week as I had Monday off as I was coming back from a wedding in Glasgow, picked up the dogs from the kennel, put them in the estate and proceeded to slam my finger in the tailgate :shock: I had to unlock it to get it out.
Doctors on Tuesday who thought I had torn the tendon off the bone so then to Wick hospital for an x ray. Thankfully tendon was OK and after waiting forever they decided to burn two holes in the nail to relieve the pressure from the tissue damage. Instant relief and its felt fine ever since, a bit of a pain more than anything as due to the nature of work the doctor said it must be sealed and waterproofed at all times, so just a bit in the way as its the middle finger on my right hand.
So haven't had a chance to touch anything bike related.
I have to ring Boonie as well as he left me a message saying he was not going offshore and wanted to ride so he may well come along as he is nearby near Elgin. He wont be on a retro as he doesnt own one but he really liked riding with the macretros at Dunkeld and Forth Fat.
Will get the booking sorted and check in with you all later.
Jamie

Everyone's welcome on whatever is rideable.

Circus, bring the pump but I reckon I'll ride the Xizang as is ( dirt on it from dunkeld )... Marin is in too many bits still. Spent half the night looking for camping gear.

got all the camping gear ready...feck me ive got some amount of shite......we can do a stock take afore we pack to see what you lads want me to bring.

ice blocks in freezer for the coolbox...mustna forget that.

I was up till 2 building the Marin up, rode it to work and wish I'd spent the time on the Xizang! Marin weighs a ton and the gearing is really slow, I've only been riding the road bike for the last few months.

Ice blocks? :shock: Have you seen the forecast overnight temperatures? Hope you guys have got your bed socks with you, if not you'll just have to snuggle up together :LOL:

I'm all set for the morrow, even gave the bike a clean :shock: :)

Have a good un guys - the weather looks great at the moment.

I'll no be there unless I decide to road test a motorbike for a few hours on Sunday morning :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back