Mountain Mayhem sign up thread - PLACES STILL AVAILABLE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 23 Guinea Pigs wanted

The History Man":1gqwfx78 said:
Retro Spud":1gqwfx78 said:
Hi

Just bought a pack of these for Mayhem..... Genuine Duff Beer inside :facepalm:

Just need a few volunteers to help sink em... well it would be rude to drink alone :LOL:
Naturally I might have to sample a few just encase they are Duff and give everyone gut rot

Where did you get those!!!!!!!! Love it

I got them off the Web and they arrived the next day :shock: check out... http://www.firebox.com and go to Food and Drink section (I love it)

also worht checking out the WTF section... some really kool stuff some of it's well pricey but you do get free delivery though

Think this would make a great Event Head Quarters :D :shock: :facepalm:

Attachments

• WTF Swiss army Knife.png
    WTF Swiss army Knife.png
    110 KB · Views: 330
  • WTF train.png
    WTF train.png
    124.4 KB · Views: 330
wookiee":3u0bzo9o said:
Grannygrinder":3u0bzo9o said:
Just watched the course vid, looks nice. Hope it stays dry though or judging by the terrain it could be 2012 allover again :shock:

...lots of climbs :?

Apparently we have to bring our "climbing legs".....anyone know where to get some?

:facepalm:

misteroo":avwttrdf said:
wookiee":avwttrdf said:
Grannygrinder":avwttrdf said:
Just watched the course vid, looks nice. Hope it stays dry though or judging by the terrain it could be 2012 allover again :shock:

...lots of climbs :?

Apparently we have to bring our "climbing legs".....anyone know where to get some?

:facepalm:

I've got some spare down hill legs if your interested not NOS but still good?

I don't understand why they want to make a 24hr event so hilly :s

Make the time the challenge, not the course!

I can't see from the video the need for suspension, let alone full suspension

Pyro Tim":ed7kxf6o said:
I don't understand why they want to make a 24hr event so hilly :s

Make the time the challenge, not the course!

I

Always been my thoughts with Mayhem I understand there needs to be a challenge element to a lap but not a complete ball ache grind which they seem to be hooked on.

I hope the course is challenging. I can't imagine anything more dull than a flat, easy course to roll around for 24 hours.

As to full suspension being a good idea... It was Rory Hitchens who made that comment in the video. I had a chat with him during the final lap of last year's event. He was riding a fully rigid singlespeed, (may have been a hardtail though). Despite this, I imagine that he would've recommended a full susser last year too, and probably a 29er.
With all due respect to him, he does work in MTB marketing, so I can't imagine that he wouldn't publicly recommend anything but the latest new products.

Personally I think the course preview video looks promising. Obviously the course needs a few bikes to 'ride it in' a bit, but the elevation changes, terrain and scenery all look rather nice.

Let's hope it warms up a bit between now and then...

...that said, scraping handfuls of clag off your bike every other wheel revolution while you drag your bike uphill through waist high bracken is a bit rubbish.

Bit disappointed with the course to be honest. As a horse rider, I was rather hoping they'd work in a jump or two :shock: :mrgreen:

I have a fantastic pair of climbing legs. Unfortunately I lent them to someone and got left with these knackered old bloke legs instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back