so what do we reckon this is then? (now with frame number.)

Re: so what do we reckon this is then?

Taiwanese maker Anlen was doing bikes with that paint and straight forks around that time ;) Don't know if they made the Haro's under contract (to a higher spec).

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... p;t=128009

p4pb5944144.jpg

hmmm now that canti guide and seat clamp look very similar to mine. i'm keeping it because I like it not because of the make. just would be nice to actually know what it is, at least that way I can tell if its going to snap at the first sign of a pebble :LOL:

right managed to find a frame number so anyone able to help identify it from that?

WF9182257

im assuming its a '91 bike then and only thing i could find out was possibly something about W F Holdsworth? thats all that came out of google anyway.

Re: so what do we reckon this is then? frame number ID

just been to check and it looks like it might actually be WP not WF. still cant find info on it though :roll:

Re: so what do we reckon this is then? (now with frame numbe

I guess the Taiwanese frame manufacturer supplied similar frames to a number of different vendors. Check out my Raleigh with a very similar frame... viewtopic.php?f=6&t=232939 Forks and brake mounts are different again

John

I'm loving the frame design but then again i use to be a fan of the Haro bikes back in the 80's but couldn't afford one :shock: , any way it should be interesting to see what it rides like ;) ..

see i did wonder about some sort of raleigh after finding out that some of them had W at the start of their frame numbers. but cant find a WP one anywhere. would be nice to know what it is, even if it does turn out to be a rubbish one :LOL: I'll keep it no matter what it is because I love the design. and its the right size for me as well.

only needs the seatpost, a new chain and a couple of brake pads. oh and when I said it was heavy I was very badly mistaken. that was before i tried lifting my giant stonebreaker ;)

Sorry i can't help with identification but theirs nothing to say that it isn't a frame made by the Haro company for another bike manufacturer so it wouldn't hurt if you fancied putting the Haro name on it ;) ..

could just as well put a Raleigh badge on it :)

The Anlen story for me seems to be the most consistent.

Back