'88-'89 Explosif

Re: Kona frames still eluding me

I'm guessing the amazing 97 King Kahuna in team colours on ebay is too small for you...

al-onestare":3gs99pko said:
I'm guessing the amazing 97 King Kahuna in team colours on ebay is too small for you...

Nope, 17" does nicely mate, but I've already got one of those KK's incognito (pfft, "rare" :roll: ...yeah right, clearly there's load's about! :LOL: )

...but is it wrong to want another? :mrgreen:

al-onestare":2tb2a0yy said:
I'm not talking to you anymore ;-)

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Awww, don't be like that mate! :D

I'm no threat to you anyway's, you go after the big'un's and I'll go after the lil'un's :cool:

Beside's, I would have thought that something like this would be more up your alley, for a man of your stature I mean ;) What is it, 19"-20"?
I know you've seen it but what an absolute beaut!!

Attachments

• JS_9394_kona_hausbesuch.jpg
    JS_9394_kona_hausbesuch.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 227

Canuck":2690ktk9 said:
al-onestare":2690ktk9 said:
I'm not talking to you anymore ;-)

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Awww, don't be like that mate! :D

I'm no threat to you anyway's, you go after the big'un's and I'll go after the lil'un's :cool:

Beside's, I would have thought that something like this would be more up your alley, for a man of your stature I mean ;) What is it, 19"-20"?
I know you've seen it but what an absolute beaut!!

That frame...I won't reveal my thoughts about it - too intense for this forum ;)

Seriously, do you think they'd even think about selling it to someone? I bet they've had all sort of enquiries over the years. Indeed, it's my size, spot on in fact.

whayne":1tvd2ewp said:
Hi,

Hows that blue one that i sold you.

Whayne

Hiya Wayne, how's thing's mate? :D

The blue one's coming along nicely (but slowly). Managed to find everything I need for it. Seatpost turned up last month, period P2 has been found, Deore DX group sorted. In fact the only thing I'm missing is space :LOL:
As soon as I can sort out a bit more real estate than she'll be ready for assembly :cool:

al-onestare":2v02qtjh said:
That frame...I won't reveal my thoughts about it - too intense for this forum ;)

Seriously, do you think they'd even think about selling it to someone? I bet they've had all sort of enquiries over the years. Indeed, it's my size, spot on in fact.

Don't know mate, but you won't know 'til you ask. ;) If they're not willing to sell or it's already been sold maybe they got something else to offer, who know's, you could get lucky and end up with something really tasty! :cool:
I tell you what though, that KK Incognito up on the Bay hasn't moved much. At this rate someone may just end up with a real bargain!! :shock:

...Oh, I really mustn't :facepalm:

Canuck":tj7cbps8 said:
al-onestare":tj7cbps8 said:

Don't know mate, but you won't know 'til you ask. ;) If they're not willing to sell or it's already been sold maybe they got something else to offer, who know's, you could get lucky and end up with something really tasty! :cool:
I tell you what though, that KK Incognito up on the Bay hasn't moved much. At this rate someone may just end up with a real bargain!! :shock:

...Oh, I really mustn't :facepalm:

So I did ask...and you can guess the response:

The Ti frame with Team Paint is one of Roland Green’s frames from when he was racing for us, history like that never goes back out the door.

Props for them getting back to me and for keeping their heritage...but boooo to them feeding our retrobike habits :LOL:

Back