A Saracen by any other name - very (new) pic heavy...

Re: A Saracen by any other name - very pic heavy...

I couldn't get away with putting mine in the kitchen while i work on it as the OH would kill me never mind the living room :LOL: ..

Only just seen this beauty! *claps hands in appreciative manner*

Cracking job Stevo.

Cheers Stu, still just as chuffed with it as the day I finished it; definitely the most satisfying build I've ever done...:cool:

As it has been yet another glorious day down here in deepest East Sussex I thought I'd better make the proverbial hay etc...

...to which end I finally got around to swapping over the headsets on the Wot; it's only been hiding in the shed for months! :facepalm:

I also changed the mounting for the front canti' hanger, drilling out the back of the fork crown to take a recessed nut; I've already done this on the red one and liked it much better.

So, a couple of quick photo' updates to prove that this is finally finished...

...and

...I'm pretty sure this build is now complete down to the last detail :cool:

Re:

We_are_Stevo":29dnzwlu said:
P1160208-1.jpg

My two favourite fine-detail touches; the inverter pulley for the front mech. was rusted and seized on its post when I got it so I freed it up and left it in place when the frame went off for coating - I really like that colour-matched little detail.

.....wait, it's 'color-matching' when you can't be bothered to remove a pulley?
At least the headset was removed....

Tsk, Tsk my American friend, your cynicism does you no favours...

...I left all the original and rusty bolts, and the pulley, in place to protect the threads (as you do if you have half a brain), fully intending to replace them with the shiny new parts I had already bought for the build.

When I saw how the frame looked when I collected it, not only was I chuffed to bits with the colour but I really liked the effect of the coloured bolts/pulley. It then took a great deal of care to remove the coated pulley without damaging the paint in order to apply a dab of grease so that said pulley actually works as intended.

I have since done exactly the same with the red one for which I await the decals (poor old Gil currently being somewhat snowed under with work, but eminently worth the wait :cool: ), and I am equally pleased with it.

So, in anticipation of no conciliatory comment on your part in return, I'm sure you won't take offence when I politely suggest you 'go forth and multiply?'

...and just to prove that I'm no 'Garage Queen...'

Hang on, that didn't come out right! :facepalm:

Ahem! Moving swiftly on...

...thought I'd drag my lardy *rse out and dust the cobwebs off my pride and joy :D

I was hoping to find a big field sowed to Rape to use as a backdrop (if I'd had no hay-fever pills I'd have been surrounded by the damn stuff :roll: ) but the best I could do was a distant meadow filled with buttercups...

...so you'll just have to use your imagination for this one :LOL:

Or very young sweetcorn?

...I had intended to turn round at my usual 5-mile marker, but the bike felt so good I just kept going...

"Run Forrest..."

...and typically I forgot to take my wallet, so there's no self-indulgent photo' of man-and-bike enjoying a much-needed rest and a pint at 'The Cuckoos Rest...' :|

Anyway, I'm home again and the bike performed faultlessly (wish I could say the same of myself, my legs feel like jelly! :oops: ); 7-speed DuraAce thumbies and M737 rear mech. making for such smooth changes that a couple of times I had to watch to convince myself it had actually changed gear!

Damn I love this bike...:cool:

...fin

I never thought I'd drool over a crudding Carrera, but here I am doing it! :p

Can you actually get that bottle out? It looks awfully snug! :)

:LOL: Believe me, when you're as unfit as I am that bottle comes out just dandy!

We_are_Stevo":8ctbamzi said:
(as you do if you have half a brain)

So long as that is covered, I'm happy (whether it be half empty or half full).

Back