Early Saracen Lovers Anonymous......

Just picked up this 1990 tufftrax in glorious magenta. Needs a clean and service but it is just a seat post and saddle away from original spec. Chuffed.

8916176324_8ee4a3e836.jpg

Thanks gents. This is going to be my pub / shopping bike. Currently putting together an 89 Kili Flyer Comp which is at Argos Racing for a new paint job. Will hopefully have it up and running by July.

Pastel turquoise and magenta side by side in the garage....I can hardly wait!

Quick pic of the '87 Trekker that 'went cheap' on ebay a week or so back.

No major worries with this, BB is shot and the paint/powder is very faded and 'dry' but apart from that all's fine. Mech's and shifters (deore) are in good shape as are the chainrings, very little wear really.
I don't think it's done that many hard miles considering its age, just stored poorly in its later life I'd imagine.

I've had the hubs apart and the front races are a little iffy but OK, the rear is fine.When I first got the bike I was pleased to see that the rear axle wasn't bent as I assumed it would be a freewheel type hub but infact it's a Deore Uniglide (only) hub, still smooth.

Attachments

• Trekker.jpg
    Trekker.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 359

And this is what I bought for around £36 a couple of years ago before I rebuilt her into what you see in the above post. I know the Rufftrax is entry level, but stx & trigger shift upgrades make her a pleasure to ride.

Back