Raleigh Team Banana - 531c - Shimano 105 Groupset

Tel

Gold Trader
Feedback
View

Up for offer is this iconic Raleigh Team Banana. This is not the regular run of the mill Hi-Ten, low spec model you see on eBay but a much rarer and sort after Reynolds 531c model with Shimano 1050 groupset.

This example is in pretty good condition. There are some blemishes to the paint (mainly the black), the bars are a bit scratched up and one of the graphics are missing from the seat stay but other than that for a bike that is approximately 26 years old it's in very good condition.

As with all of my bikes its had a full strip and rebuild replacing parts as necessary. It is now sporting the full Shimano 105 groupset as per original spec, a new chain, bar tape, gear and brake cables, headset, bottom bracket (sealed) and tyres have been fitted. This bike is mechanically as good as it looks.

Other than the seat and seatpost this bike looks pretty much original condition.

This is bound to be a future classic as it is already very sought after.

£350 + £20 postage or of course you are welcome to collect from Kent, ME11 5AD.

Full Spec:

Size : 52cm x 54cm (ct x cc)

Frame : Reynolds 531c
Fork : Reynolds 531
Headset : Tange Passage Black
Stem : SR
Handlebar : SR
Bar Tape : New black

Brake levers : Shimano 1050 Aero
Brake Calipers : Shimano 1050

Front Derailleur : Shimano 1050
Rear Derailleur : Shimano 1050
Cassette : Shimano 6 speed
Cranks : Shimano 1050
Chainrings : 42, 52 Biopace
Bottom Bracket : Shimano HG53 sealed

Pedals : VP

Rims : Weinmann
Hubs : Shimano 1050
Tyres : Michelin Dynamic Classic 25c

Saddle : Selle Italia Nitrox
Seatpost : Selcof semi aero

More pictures here: http://www.stallioncycles.co.uk/bananabike.htm

It's on eBay and negotiations have started, if anyone on here does want it please do not delay in expressing your interest.

Well wasn't so much negotiations as general inquiries.....

10% discount applies to retro bikers, so £315 and this little beauty could be yours!

Tel":1pl7vfhg said:
Well wasn't so much negotiations as general inquiries.....

10% discount applies to retro bikers, so £315 and this little beauty could be yours!

Sold now I guess?

Carl.

Back