1992 Rocky Mountain Titanium

Very nice indeed Frank, glad to see you went with canti's on this one :cool: personally would prefer the Rocky saddle but you can't really go wrong with a Flite regardless.

i had asked but no one commented about using the RM/Vetta saddle and/or the black Syncros seatpost. it's significantly heavier with both those on the bike, especially the post as it's EXTRA LONG, so i stuck with the Ti Flite/Syncros combo to save some weight. i'll throw the other combo on when i have a chance and snap a few pics. ;)

I like the Ti post. It lets the stem link with the forks. the bars do the balancing out in real life (probably, can hardly see them in the pictures.

No rain so far when I got home from work, although much more darker overcast. So as requested, here is the alternative seatpost/saddle. As you can see, there is significant length between the two. And the weight difference is pushing almost 200g! :shock: The Ti syncros/flite combo is 400g and the black syncros with rm/vetta is 590g on the scale. The black Syncros seatpost can actually tap the top bottle cage braze-on/bolt, and with it adjusted for riding, sits probably only about an inch or so above that! :p

Weight weenie in me is leaning towards the ti combo. Aesthetically I'm leaning towards the black combo. :? Overall, I think the black combo is leading just a tad. Why? Because anyone can throw a Syncros Ti seatpost and a Flite. Those are relatively easy to obtain. A 1st gen Syncros post, as well as a RM branded Vetta saddle? Those I think are a little more unique.

So thoughts??? ;)

Attachments

• DSC03911.JPG
    DSC03911.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 320
  • DSC03910.JPG
    DSC03910.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 320
  • DSC03901.JPG
    DSC03901.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 320
I like the ti post. RM, you need to fund one of these.
I like that saddle.
Future botm?

Attachments

• 1369363150419.jpg
    1369363150419.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 289
Ti.
Unless you ate dressing it like a 1990 bike ;-). But then the rest seems to be period earlier anyway <whistles>

Still Ti.

Back