Nu-skool burners?!!

crankhead

Retro Guru
Just went into my local raleigh shop for a gander, and they've only gone and started making new burners!! white frame it was, green decals and black mags. sweet. but the price was harsh - £249.99... but i was still tempted :twisted:

re released them a couple of years ago cos old bmxs started demanding good money and the scene kinda grew,bit like this one,remember seeing old redlines lined up a chesterfield about 8yrs ago.looked ace :D

What is the frame build quality like like on them?

I looked at a raleigh for my daughter from this years range and the welding was atrocious.

Nothing like the quality of even 2 years back, down below toysrus standard, but still at the £130/40 price tag. I hope it isn't across the range.

not sure ken, didn't really have a proper butchers. but it threw me back 20 years! brand new burner.. goddammit it had to put up with second hand bits and bobs! i might buy one, just for the hell of it.. ;)

I popped into JE James in Rotherham yesterday and they also had a brand new burner for sale, made me smile!

Trevor.

the new range or old school replica burners are poorly made,in fact chinese,there ok to pose on but to race about,ermm no...a;so they have all has paint issues and the decals peeling off as well as having dodgy freewheels,,dont get me wrong iam a big burner fan but the new ones reflect more about nostalga of the originals,,fashion over function

Latest posts

Back