A Personal Question of Length?

Most should give standover height and virtual top tube length.
But remember that will be modern bikes so long forked and short stemmed relatively.

I think i've shown you the kona charts before.

The History Man":x72szi7n said:
Well that one was a faff! Gave me numbers that mostly have no relation to frame sizes you can see on majority of listings or websites. But reach helpful?

Standover height is not really something I worry about, as my frames are all 18", rather than 19.5" that most charts recommend. But the other dimensions are, I feel, all pretty critical.

In respect to those (and other) measurements, all my mtb's are almost identical with only minor variations to allow for slight differences in frame design.

FluffyChicken":3v7imwek said:
Most should give standover height and virtual top tube length.
But remember that will be modern bikes so long forked and short stemmed relatively.

I think i've shown you the kona charts before.

Nope. . .?

Based on 1997 Kona's with Suspension
file.php

1997_specs_hardtail_geometry_166.jpg

part of
97Page29.jpg

FluffyChicken":djtfpg4c said:
Based on 1997 Kona's with Suspension
file.php

Going by my height, 5'10", I should be on an 18"
Going by my inside leg, 34", I should be on a 20"
Assuming my body was 55% of my height, I should havean inside leg of 29" & I should only be 5'5" Tall & should be riding a 16".

Hmm, maybe I need a custom frame.

I have concluded from this that reach and bar height is more important as there is less adjustment without changing parts etc.

Inside leg varies greatly amongst similar heights but can be accommodated across a range of frame sizes.

Would I be wrong?

The History Man":n1sbd7uf said:
I have concluded from this that reach and bar height is more important as there is less adjustment without changing parts etc.

Inside leg varies greatly amongst similar heights but can be accommodated across a range of frame sizes.

Would I be wrong?

Yes exactly, there is one brand of road bikes, where the frame 'size' refers to top tube length rather than seat tube.

There's an interesting article from Cervelo here, where they show that as some frames get taller, they don't actually get longer.

Latest posts

Back