Grisley Mega 10 Finally Ridable. Quite Nice Actually!

Re: £20 for Grisley Mega 10! Picked Up

Hmm, cheap but not my cup off tea, I preferred the Marin.

Update. Shifters toast. :facepalm: LGF :LOL: thanks. Stuck gold azonic risers I couldn't sell. Waiting for bits. Rides quite nicely (despite the gears) stiff. Looking forward to not worrying about it if ou know why I mean. Mrs HM gone quiet.

Bike is turning into a bit of a Sally Gunnell. Style police wont like it but have just fitted a silver adjustable stem and faded gold Azonic risers. Waiting for thumb shifters and brake levers + Richey black and red grips to finish off. Conti Vertical 2.3 on front and WTB Nanoraptor 2.1 on rear. Could put a vertical on rear? but like nano for drive/grip on road. Should tyres match?

Chipperfields or Bily Smart's :mrgreen: :facepalm:

Well the Grisley is probably sorted. Another bargain. Bike £20, Shifters/Brake Levers £17, Stem Karma, Grips £4, Saddle, Bars, Tyres - shed. Went for a spin today. A bit 'arse up head down' but surprisingly nice to ride. May swap stem for an adjustable one I've thought about using to bring the bars up but can hear Style Police sirens in the distance!

Hate the front canti hanger but you don't see it when you're riding it.

Stiff ally frame much quicker than the Marin. Looking down on the fat tubing is strange. Goes uphill a lot easier than the FS Muddy Fox but I suppose it would. Anyway, that's my three for now.......................

Check out those shifters! Cheers to LGF and Racin'Snake for bits and NeilM for the encouragement.

Attachments

• grisley fin web.jpg
    grisley fin web.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 551
The Mega 20 with Alivio was £569 in 1997 so this was probably £400~£450

A nice all-alloy chainset will knock a lb off the weight ;)

Back