hello from Sheffield

bertie bassett

Dirt Disciple
Hi I'm new.
I was introduced to retrobikes by my local bike shop when I went in to buy something for my "new" bike, they suggested I try retrobikes - I felt snubbed!
But once here I realised I kind of fit in, I have a cupboard full of stuff that never got thrown away, several Smoke/Dart combos hanging from a hook on the wall and a knackered Kona Cindercone that needs some TLC (it has a claim to fame of having a set of P2 forks that used to be on Steve Peat's bike when he raced downhill on a rigid Kona for Langsett bikes back in the day) and a Whyte PRST-1 that needs welding and then rebuilding and a KHS summit that actually works along with my current steeds of a tweeked 2004 Marin Wolfridge and my road bike a Raleigh Aerocomp Carbon.

My mates have done up some retro bikes too and are probably on here somewhere. My Kona will need reviving for my up and coming commute to my new job, so no doubt I'll be on here buying stuff soon enough, I've always thought a set of Pace carbon forks would sit well on it, hmmmm.

Hi there, I'm in Doncaster myself. Let me know if you fancy a ride, we are going for a pootle tomorrow if you fancy it !

Hi there,am working in Sheffield,near meddow hall. (On the new powerstation eOn are building.

If you fancy a chat or a run out on weekend let me know I will bring my bike over from home.

Dave.

Hi I'm new to forum too.im doing orange p7 project but I allso have a more up to date kona cinder cone so I'm willing to go on a trek.

Back