MacRetro chat and rides thread

Christ, I'd forgot how gnarly that looks. 9 minutes for a decent rider means 15 for mere mortals.
Kaiser, you want to pencil in 12-14th and make a decision the weekend before based on weather forecast? Don't want a 3 hour drive to find its too windy.

Its not the boardwalk you should fear unless they're wet, its the transitions onto the bedrock. Watched youtube clips on it and read the reports from daveDH, Enid and Bick Eck. Its not for the faint hearted which includes me so its one run I'm content never to try. Good luck guys !!!!!!!!

velomaniac":t008t4vi said:
Its not the boardwalk you should fear unless they're wet

That's what I was thinking. They're much wider than a lot of the singletrack we ride without thinking, it's just that we tend to focus on the drop to the side instead of looking ahead. The ones at Glentress on the first climb are good for practice as they are quite thin but not very high. I try to get on them then look a couple of metres past the end.

clubby":351bef23 said:
Christ, I'd forgot how gnarly that looks. 9 minutes for a decent rider means 15 for mere mortals.
Kaiser, you want to pencil in 12-14th and make a decision the weekend before based on weather forecast? Don't want a 3 hour drive to find its too windy.

That sounds like a great idea, I can make any of those days preferably Wed or Thurs but Fri isnae really a bother either. ZZ do you have a preference or can you take the time off easy enough?

I'm working on the Saturday so Wed or Thur would suit fine.
Tempting to give WC track a go as well but thats the week after the race so it might be a bit cut up.

velomaniac":2dlfgwmu said:
Its not for the faint hearted which includes me so its one run I'm content never to try. Good luck guys !!!!!!!!

Ditto ... That looks like a young mans game. Not for me . I was brickin it just watching the video :oops:

Look up the West Midlands subforum for their scrapheap challenge, it looked very much my kind of thing.
The rules were as follows:

Scrap yard challenge rules

1. buying period April 1st to 30th
2. Budget £25 excluding p&p
3. All purchases must be able to be validated through ebay links
4.There is a strict point system which includes deductions for
-post-97 bikes
-heavy points for going over £25
-replacement parts
-Break downs on the ride

Dont forget its all just for fun so dont want to get heavy on the in and outs of rules and hopefully be passing the bikes onto charity afterwards

That looks a laugh, might promote something similar for a MacKlunker at Pitmedden :LOL:

Back