trying to date and identify my Carlton

Midlife":1scny2st said:
No mistaking that for anything other than a Carlton. The Cobra arrived 1973 I think and would have the standard "W" prefix number, and the Crespera lugs. I'll have a think :) Pound to a penny it begins with a "C" or a "K" :)

Spokesmann would be more help than me here, He probably has one :D

Shaun

Sadly don't have this one.

Certainly the lugs don't say Cobra, Crespera as said were the Cobra lugs. Is there any sort of frame number? The wrap over stays in that form say late 60s into the mid 70s. Could well be a Course de Primes. Looks nice whatever it is. As said Carlton loved their chrome and nothing looks classier when properly looked after.

Spokesmann":2bkni1n1 said:
Certainly the lugs don't say Cobra, Crespera as said were the Cobra lugs. Is there any sort of frame number?

Thanks Spokesmann – the frame number is in the pic above – it's on the bottom bracket and is 2560662. There's also another number stamped on the BB which is X4154. The only other possible clues I've got to date / model are the brakes (Weinmann centre-pull 999) and saddle (Brooks B15) which I believe to be original.

Any thoughts? :)

grindleclough":6ng4z3sz said:
Spokesmann":6ng4z3sz said:
Certainly the lugs don't say Cobra, Crespera as said were the Cobra lugs. Is there any sort of frame number?

Thanks Spokesmann – the frame number is in the pic above – it's on the bottom bracket and is 2560662. There's also another number stamped on the BB which is X4154. The only other possible clues I've got to date / model are the brakes (Weinmann centre-pull 999) and saddle (Brooks B15) which I believe to be original.

Any thoughts? :)

1968-72 is about the best I can come up with.

Back