Dura Ace AX cassette woes

Ok - there is a method of using the chain to remove the locking cog. I will return!

and I'm back, try:

70313227.jpg

http://www.bikeforums.net/archive/index ... 53529.html

Sheldon says you can loosen the sprocket on a uniglide hub using a lil trick, but I can't quite visualize it.. anybody done this and/or can explain it a little better?

A neat trick: it is also possible in an emergency to remove the smallest Uniglide sprocket without any special tools. Remove the chain from the rear derailer and loop it in a figure-8 with the crossing behind the cassette, the lower run of chain under the smallest sprocket and the upper run over a larger sprocket. Both runs of chain should be nearly taut. Pull the chain around the back of the sprockets so it engages as many teeth as possible. Turn the rear wheel backwards, only enough to loosen the sprocket.

right now the freehub body is separated from the hub/wheel.. i can put it back on of course but if there is an easier way with them separated would love to hear that too

Thing is if the axle is out of it in theory there should be nothing holding the freehub/cassette assembly on the hub so i cant see why its not coming off

Interesting thread but the cliffhanger ending is not what i expected!! 'It's off!" - how?

Richard

With a hammer and not without killing the old freehub and cassette. :(
So now I need a DA compatible uniglide freehub and 7 speed cassette

Back