[Found] 6 speed indexed RH shifter/thumbie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 6 speed indexed RH shifter/thumbie

A pair of Shimano SL-MT60 6 speed (with a 7th click should you be feeling fruity) for £17 GBP UK posted be any good to you?

1988Shimano4.jpg

It seems a bit of a waste to get a pair if anyone has a right-hand only, but if not I'll gladly take you up on the offer of MT60s.

Out of interest, how does the 7th click work, because aren't 6-speed and 7-speed differently spaced?

6spd is 5mm, 7 is 4.8mm - extra click covers the 7th perfectly. They are on my Saracen at the mo running 7spd.

I thought 6 speed was 5.5mm and 7 speed was 5.0mm. The shifter will actually be for a 5-speed, which I also thought was 5.5mm spacing, so I'd better make sure I've got it right.

Sorry to barge in but just posted for 7x3. Wondering these would suit me? And not wanted by previous........? Tell me to bugger off if you wish. Won't be offended.

The History Man":fjzz5p5o said:
Sorry to barge in but just posted for 7x3. Wondering these would suit me? And not wanted by previous........? Tell me to bugger off if you wish. Won't be offended.

Yes, these will work - am using them in a 7x3

As for 5spd - that will most likely be 5.5, shimano's 6spd is usually 5mm

Does this mean I can have them for my nasty new Grisley? (Shimano Acera combined levers so presumable I just remove shifters and keep levers?) :shock: Learning curve.

Ah, thanks for the info LGF. Go ahead if you want the nice MT60s History Man, I'll have to research further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back