The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
twellsie":bdv68qkl said:
With the other bikes I have got I am really not using my Dyna-Tech, so thought I might put it up for sale, however I haven't got a clue what it's worth?

Build thread in my siggy

They look like the steel UGLI forks and stem?
What cranks are they?

Rampage":1dvd9080 said:
twellsie":1dvd9080 said:
With the other bikes I have got I am really not using my Dyna-Tech, so thought I might put it up for sale, however I haven't got a clue what it's worth?

Build thread in my siggy

They look like the steel UGLI forks and stem?
What cranks are they?

Yeah they are UGLI forks, pressume they are steel.

Cranks are Shimano STX

not so at home in suspension forks....

did some research, and i think this is a Judy XC? It's from a 1996 Klein Attitude, needs a service but i don't need it. What is it worth?

thanks!

Attachments

• fork.jpg
    fork.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 1,039
I've come to the realization that my beloved Klein will probably remain under a cover in the garage as i don't have the time to get use out of it.

So after some advice re pricing, splitting/selling as a whole etc.

Frame is a 1990 20" pinnacle which i bought new. In great condition & original paint. Pretty much perfect bar a tiny bit of bubbling under the paint in one area. Original CCD present.

Forks are early RC35, again bought new by me direct from pace. Brand new elsatomers fitted 3 years ago & not ridden since. No marks or damage.

Kona Impact headset

Manitou stem, early Bradbury made, not the Anwser version.

XT thumbs, as new, XTR V brakes & levers Syncros riser bars, ODI ruffian lock ons.

XT front mech, XTR rear.

Cook bros RSR cranks 176mm, bought new directly from Jack Whitmer. Pace, azonic & Blackspire rings. Dura ace chain.

XTR spd's, never ridden.

Ringle holey QR's.
Early Syncros pro post 425mm 27.2. Original flite TI saddle.

Mavic MA40MB rims/ Mavic paris dakar hubs, wheelsmith spokes. Radial front, 3X rear. Sachs 12-28 freewheel.

I think thats probably it. Advice welcome.

Help please, I have no idea of the current value of this "Fuselage"
IMG_8716-M.jpg

Oh the frame is in the USA but I'm willing to ship if necesary.
IMG_8729-M.jpg

I've a Peugeot Altitude in pearlescent white, Exage 500LX front and rear gears, Exage 400LX biopace crank on a Reynolds 531 magnum frame that I want to sell (no wheels as it stands - or not as the case may be!) I've no real idea what to price it at as it does have some issue, none are major. The 'worst' being that the rear gear shifter won't click down. Any thoughts?

Pics http://min.us/m0xIl1N814ivH

Seatpost is stuck, small dent on crossbar but not damaged frame geometry, cable to front gear and grips missing (I will include both)

GT RTS3 in Purple. Can any one advise how much i should put my gt rts3 up for sale for? Its all original as far as im aware and in good condition. Ive had it 12 years and mainly used it on the road in the dry.
Now lookin for somethin newer.

Any advice welcome.

brucers":35dmgr9f said:
I've a Peugeot Altitude in pearlescent white, Exage 500LX front and rear gears, Exage 400LX biopace crank on a Reynolds 531 magnum frame that I want to sell (no wheels as it stands - or not as the case may be!) I've no real idea what to price it at as it does have some issue, none are major. The 'worst' being that the rear gear shifter won't click down. Any thoughts?

Pics http://min.us/m0xIl1N814ivH

Seatpost is stuck, small dent on crossbar but not damaged frame geometry, cable to front gear and grips missing (I will include both)

Sadly with the dent and no wheels plus seatpost probably 20 quid if someone local wanted a project

Claud Butler Pagan 1995...but can this educated forum steer me on price please?

I've owned it from new and can honestly say it's great (the only non original components are chainset and BB, but they are still Shimano Alivio, just later models) but I think it's time to move on so before it breaks my heart is this bike of interest to Retro MTB'ers or am I wasting my time?

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/v/M ... 9.jpg.html

Appreciate all constructive comments
The photos are the actual bike, recently taken.

Thanks,
Alan.

Attachments

• IMG-20130601-CButlerMTB.jpg
    IMG-20130601-CButlerMTB.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 937
  • IMG-20130601-CButlerMTB2.jpg
    IMG-20130601-CButlerMTB2.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 937
  • IMG-20130601-CButlerMTB3.jpg
    IMG-20130601-CButlerMTB3.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 937
Hi guys, am thinking of selling my barely used old Trek - shelled out £1,000 in 1998 and, shamefully, the odometer is now showing a grand total of 63 miles!

spec is here: http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/Bike ... model=8000

Honestly have no idea if this is a 'classic' and so retains some value, or if what was a pricey, super-light bike in 1998 has now been superseded by far cheaper models.

Any advice on what it might be worth or where's best to sell it would be much appreciated. Thanks all.

Attachments

• bike.JPG
    bike.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 923
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back