Which brakes for anodised rims?

Very nice :) Note to self to stop polishing the Bob Jackson and put my ALAN together :)

Let me know how you like the Maxxis tyres, I run Maxxis detonators on my Basso and can't make up my mind about them.

Cheers

Shaun

I will do Shaun, I've been running tubs on the ALAN for the last few weeks and I can't make my mind up about them

nice, very nice :cool: . I've got a pair of Open 4CD's on Ultegra/600 hubs which I really like & I found standard pads worked fine but I've also a pair of Open 4 Ceramics on Dura Ace 8 speed that are now on my touring bike (because I can..yay me) however I'd love a set of Mavic 571 hubs...absolutely gorgeous.....
n_mavic_571_hubs.jpg

Any brake pad for aluminium rims should be ok, the grey anodising will wear off with use in any case, and I believe that the braking performance is actually better once the anodised coating has worn off.

Blimey that right lever is a long way back.........is it 7 speed?

Shaun

PS any idea how the lever bosses are attached on an ALAN, my left lever is half rotated off but still attached.

It is Shaun, I need to use low gear 39T-21 as I have a mother of a hill to climb to get home

Back