Holy grail Cannondale '85 24/26 wheels with all components

RAFbikes

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hello bud,

I've been mulling this over the last couple of days and I unfortunately need the cash so here's the ultimate Cannondale 24" rear wheel 26" front I've spent some time finding period replacement parts for damaged bits to do it justice and I now have all the bit's all in good nick, it has the correct components all in good nick just need a little fettling and I have managed to get mint 24 and 26" 80's Araya rim's that match perfectly and also NOS 24 and 26" Tioga farmer johns the original proper mountain bike tyre, NOS Clarkes cables (also from the 80's) in Flouro orange, only parts missing are handle grips and transfers which are available through Gil.

There's a little component polishing to do and then it's time for the build! If I were to sell it I'd be after £400 but it is the holy grail of cannondales with the original best NOS MTB tyres, NOS period cable and very tidy XT staghead components, etc etc. What do you think shall I get it out?

Here's the link to my original build thread so you can see the frameset viewtopic.php?p=646315#646315= I've replaced the tatty Stag head rear mech with a tidy one and stripped the brakes ready for polishing an as you can see the frame and forks have been professionally chromed and polished, here are the components:

Looking for £400 plus postage got to be a bit of a bargain, having the frame chromed was over £100 and matching 24/26" Araya rims from the 80's and matching 24/26" farmer johns (one NOS) are like gold dust!

Re: Holy grail Cannondale '85 24/26 wheels with all componen

The link of the picture of your frameset doesn't work ;)
What's size ?

Lovely Staf ;) GLWS

Morning!

Fixed the link 24pouces unsure how to measure it really as you can see from the photo the BB case is even higher than the BofE's used to be. I'd say it's the equivalent of 16-17" in normal bike terms.

Thanks raidan73 I'm gutted that I've got to sell this one but have to get my priorities in order.

Staf.

RAFbikes":3kf02ijg said:
Morning!

Fixed the link 24pouces unsure how to measure it really as you can see from the photo the BB case is even higher than the BofE's used to be. I'd say it's the equivalent of 16-17" in normal bike terms.

It's a 18" ;)

I would be interested in the tyres if you wanted to sell separately, i have a 26/24 Cannondale too

Latest posts

Back