First ride in over a decade...

Nice photo's Juice, and nice to see big mountains too, although the nearest I've ever been to those particular ones is flying over them en route to Greece.
I'm looking forward to spending some time in the mountains there.

Lovely photos!

I used to work in Meran sometimes, on Italian side of the Tirol, and its one of the most beautiful areas I've ever seen. Bit tough for cycling though!

yanee71":3tp4nsqy said:
andyz":3tp4nsqy said:
Bit tough for cycling though!

not for all but Vertriders are doing this on the Alps :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyWJczxK-cQ

Were I thirty years younger it would certainly be for me because it's really my kind of riding - skillful and with plenty of commitment on show. That's what's always done it for me - I'm not overly bothered about speed, per se, but I do like to try and ride stuff well, using a bit of finesse rather than speed and hoping for the best (which never works for me). However, there are plenty of people a lot better than me and three of them are on this video. They're not washed up old f**kers either.
Karen doesn't, for some reason, like me going up into the big mountains in Greece, especially on my own and with no phone coverage. She says she can never relax until, sometimes after several hours, she hears my tyres on the cobblestones near our house. I think she expects me to die up there.....

Speaking of dying and speed...the bike of this old man i rode had a bike computer so i saw our insane tempo all the time. We were going about 8km/h uphill. :)

The guys in this video have some serious skills. We didn't do anything like them.
Our ride was more like the ending of the video. From minute 8 on.

Now i really think of a second trip.

You are right..i go wash my mouth with some soap. :)
Knowing him my whole life makes me think of him as old but you are absolutely right. There are some people that really never get old. When i think of him he is more like a timeless classic. Funny enough that most of his stuff is way more modern than mine, too. From the TV to his car and his whole bike stuff nothing is really old. And from time to time when he has done something stupid and his wife is really furious at him you can see a glance of that 15 year old scallywag he must have been on his face. :D

Wow. Whereabouts in Surrey is that?

Looking at your signature you have loads of great bikes. Where you been for the last 10 years?

Great pics by the way and thanks for sharing.

Judging on what Google tells me about Surrey you have some very fine landscape yourself over there.

Well the last 10 years i was mainly indoors. :)
6 of the 10 years i was playing basketball and the other 4 years i spend sitting behind a desk starring at a computer screen.
My knees felt too bad for another serious run at basketball so i started fittling with my old Marin Eldridge Grade again about 3 or 4 years ago.
I guess that will take another year or two but i'm getting there. The other bikes just came along while hanging around this forum....:facepalm:

Back