Totally off topic lawnmower question

Cheap as chips, unlikely to break if you look after it ok (I don't and mine still work!). Petrol strimmer ideal - just do it

Not a bad price!
The house I am buying has a lawn which requires 1.5mile of walking to mow with a normal mower!!! So I have decided to buy the guys ride-on mower to do the job with :LOL:

rc300":3jjyc06m said:
Not a bad price!
The house I am buying has a lawn which requires 1.5mile of walking to mow with a normal mower!!! So I have decided to buy the guys ride-on mower to do the job with :LOL:

Superb, any mods in the pipeline? Gotta have a flame paint job :D

You make me feel inadequate now, went a bought the argos job, will report back with a review :LOL: when I've figured out how to put it together and use it.

Tip tip on how not to use a strimmer....

A few years ago i was strimming the edges of the lawn by the garage wall when the strimmer ran out of nylon wire, Quick look in the garage confirmed there was none left. Now i really couldn't be bothered doing the B&Q run thing so an ingenious thought came into my head. Ten minutes later i fired up the electric strimmer with a new nicely trimmed down mountain bike brake cable instead of the nylon wire... Well this thing was so vicious at cutting i had to wear steelies and keep away from the wall as it would rip the mortar out of the joints. Scary stuff but it did the job :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

You should try the ones with the solid blades - kinda reminds me of Vincent and Maximillian from the movie 'The Black Hole'. Showing my age, I know!

exbiker":3ix9vdzq said:
Tip tip on how not to use a strimmer....

A few years ago i was strimming the edges of the lawn by the garage wall when the strimmer ran out of nylon wire, Quick look in the garage confirmed there was none left. Now i really couldn't be bothered doing the B&Q run thing so an ingenious thought came into my head. Ten minutes later i fired up the electric strimmer with a new nicely trimmed down mountain bike brake cable instead of the nylon wire... Well this thing was so vicious at cutting i had to wear steelies and keep away from the wall as it would rip the mortar out of the joints. Scary stuff but it did the job :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Mate of mine 'tuned' one that he got from the parks department with a steel cable and a nut on the end, he could cut through fenceposts with it. :twisted:

kaiser":19a0b2sq said:
rc300":19a0b2sq said:
Not a bad price!

Superb, any mods in the pipeline? Gotta have a flame paint job :D

You make me feel inadequate now, went a bought the argos job, will report back with a review :LOL: when I've figured out how to put it together and use it.

Thought some neons would look good for some evening mowing :cool:

Back