Hi !

Wow that is absolutely beautiful, someting to aspire to , though I think I'd be too scared to take that out the house! Incredible job, i dread to think what that 50th anniversary set cost!

great to see bikes restored to their original glory. My asolo will be a fair weather bike but still want to use it for my daily commute , bikes need to be ridden !

FYI - before anyone gets upset - the Montello gets ridden!!! I have to agree with you about riding but i struggle to get the time!!!

Richard

The Asolo will undoubtedly have 130 spacing so there should be no technical issues using Veloce 10s. It won't however look like the one you posted as the Super Record with its non aero cables and downtube shifters creates a very different appearance. Attached is one that looks as though it has the 10s setup.

Attachments

• 156258d1235343721-pinarello-asolo-dsc01154bs.jpg
    156258d1235343721-pinarello-asolo-dsc01154bs.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 189
Thanks lewisfoto that's a useful reference picture , is that yours by the way? I know it won't look exactly the same, but I'm keen on brifters. I've been riding campag downtube shifters on my other bike for quite a while but would just like the convenience of not letting go of the bars, especially in the stop start of traffic while commuting.

Tgr - I didn't mean to imply anything! Will have to ask Montello about the paint job, it's lovely . I live down the road from Argos cycles so will speak to them as well, not cheap but they have a good reputation .

Tamandua

Richard (TGR) never gets offended he is remarkably even keeled. And no that bike is not mine, pic for illustrative purposes only.

Steven

Back