What Not To Do? Here come the MTB Style Police

Raging_Bulls":294blu2f said:
Chopper1192":294blu2f said:
Those disc rear wheel covers - I dont care if Elvis did own one, they're the cycling equivalent of stone lions at the end if your driveway.
So I guess it's okay if I put one on my bikes then?

Stone+Paver+Driveway+Entrance+with+Lions.jpg
Stone Lions at the end of your driveway is definitely retro, but disc wheel covers on a MTB is just asking for trouble. Imagine getting some serious air off of a jump only to get blown sideways by the wind.

Attachments

• Stone Lions.jpg
    Stone Lions.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 304
Stick one of these between the back tyre and the frame pretending to be Barry Sheene on the way back from the corner shop sounding like the crazy frog! Right I'm off for a pint of stera;-)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 281
so what about a pair of those lovely red Panaracers on this? A step too far? Feel free to put me right about anything else wrong with it on the style front. Fred Salmon red skewers are on their way.! Red Cables? :LOL: :?: Yes it is all XT inc skewers.

Attachments

• final.jpg
    final.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 263
Avoid covering it in fur fabric.
Would likely look very very unusual but people would start to talk behind your back.

dyna-ti":nnjt0yn1 said:
Avoid covering it in fur fabric.
Would likely look very very unusual but people would start to talk behind your back.

I'd have to disagree there DT: that rig could easily handle a little leopard.

tumblr_m4591mti2K1qgjk0zo1_500.png

I actually like that leopard bike. My old FZR was covered in (fake) leather back in the early noughties.
Lately I have been thinking about doing that with a bike frame, but it has to be done properly and that's not easy due to the frame's shape.

So if bar ends on risers are taboo then what would be your evaluation of attached combo:

Attachments

• $(KGrHqN,!qsFF7v)C6DHBRnU+wGSYQ~~60_3.JPG
    $(KGrHqN,!qsFF7v)C6DHBRnU+wGSYQ~~60_3.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 151
Back