The History Man

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Overbury's Fan
Feedback
View
Ok somebody on here tells me I've got short legs for my height. Never gave it any thought until recently looking at frame sizes. What's your inside leg and height?

I am 6'3" with 33" ins leg. Freak?

Please tell me your height/leg for comparison and your mtb and road frame sizes.

Thanks. Picking up 19" mtb at 7pm and wondering.

How are you measuring up? Lots of people make the mistake of measuring too low. I am roughly the same dimensions, depending on my back, and my in-seam as measured by the missus, who was a Savile Row tailor, is 34, but I tend to call it 33 as I like that fit for bikes and I normally ride with boots on. Most frames in a 19" work pretty well for me, but I can get along with anything from virtual 17 to 21 depending on the basic stance.

The History Man":3fokkpn4 said:
Ok somebody on here tells me I've got short legs for my height. Never gave it any thought until recently looking at frame sizes. What's your inside leg and height?

I am 6'3" with 33" ins leg. Freak?

Please tell me your height/leg for comparison and your mtb and road frame sizes.

Thanks. Picking up 19" mtb at 7pm and wondering.

well one of us is..... :D

I'm 5'11" and have 33" inside measured as per above, first marin was 19" c to c and now feels a stretch, not with seat tube but with long top tubes which would make sense with my "short body" status, now riding smaller and more comfortable.

daugs":fevv6j8p said:
I'm 5'11" and have 33" inside measured as per above, first marin was 19" c to c and now feels a stretch, not with seat tube but with long top tubes which would make sense with my "short body" status, now riding smaller and more comfortable.

Interesting leg v reach issue. So are you or am I the freak!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 452
I'm just 5'3" and have a tiny inside leg of 26" :oops: and my mountain bike is 17" a road bike I'd guess more likely 19" I did have a 21" but it was a bit to big. Anyway I guess I'm much too short to be a useful guide :D

Alison

Hmmmmm, stacking up but not conclusive yet. Off to pick up my Grisley. Will check in later on this and do some calculations if I get enough data.

as highlandsflyer said it does rather depend on how measuring and should be as high up as can not just trouser measurement, and even that depends on whether trousers sit on hips or rather further up round the waist, all of which can be several inch difference

Back