Hi !

Tamandua

Retro Guru
Hi everyone

New member so thought I'd introduce myself. Have been browsing the forum for some time.

I'm currently building a pinarello asolo up from scratch (only have a frame so far!) so I'm sure I will be asking for some advice along the way. Hopefully can contribute my very limited knowledge too! Great to see so many retro enthusiasts

Cheers

Peter

Greetings Peter,

Welcome to the forum you will find a wealth of information here and some cheeky humor. Put those pics up soon

Steven

Hi Peter,

Welcome to Retrobike. Can i ask if the seller of the Pina was called something like MomeniMori or similar?

Richard

Haha! Yes I bought my frame from MementoMori over on lfgss, well spotted! Ill be building it up slowly as I don't have the money to buy everything at once, probably one component a month, as I'd like to do it nicely .

I know him and i bet the frame is great - i looked at it but could not justify the purchase. I will keep him updated as to your progress but he is busy today - breakfast with Eddy Merkyx!!!!!! I wish i was busy like that!!

Good luck with the build and this is the right place for any problems - look in Readers Bikes for Montello's Pinarello - that should give you something to aim at - it is incredible.

Richard

Thanks Richard, he was great to deal with, would highly recommend him to anyone. The frame is great I've been looking for a pinarello for ages. I know it's no montello but I still love it , certainly a step up in quality from my gitane .

Will check out the montello and keep you updated of the progress.

Btw thinking of building it up with a 10 speed veloce (silver) set any thought on this? Vintage parts would be nice but seem almost more expensive and I like the though of everything running smoothly !

May be a good plan but i am far from a mechanical expert especially with anything over 7sp!! No doubt, you will get advice from the more mechanically minded RBers.

Hos old is the Asolo?

Richard

LOL Ian. *pat on back*

Oh - i should have mentioned - pics of the Asolo would be good!!!

Richard

I think it early 90s as I've not seen any 80s models with this paint job, but been unable to find any catalougues past 1990. its columbus cromor and they seem to have moved on to Dedaccia dolmen through the 90s - though if anyone can pin the date down closer I'd love to know!

I've only got the shots MememtoMori sent me , let me try and attach them! :

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 341
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 341
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 341
  • image.jpg