Graham Weigh 853 (latest project)

Not as tight as I was expecting at the seat tube, but amazingly tight at the brake boss's

So I went and had a look at the Ultegra 6600 groupset that was going for a great price and decided that it would be the one for this build

The bottom bracket shell threads were rusty so rather than break anything I visited my LBS today and he ran the tap through to clean them up, he then faced off the ends of the shells so that the Hollowtec BB sat nice and flush when tightened

Back home and I threw a few bits on to give me an idea of what the build will look like and I'm rather pleased so far

P1050500.jpg

P1050501.jpg

P1050502.jpg

oldmuthariley":24pmowt0 said:
you could have this lot for 230 quid! silver chorus seatpost available too!

I'm interested in the group if its still available pm me.

Sorry to hijack your thread

I've been building up the 853 over the last few days and still have a few bits of tweaking to do before it's finished. I did however manage to take it out for a test and I have to say it is even better than I had hoped for. The 30mph speed limit was easily achieved on the level main road, gear changing through the Ultegra rear derailleur precise and smooth as for the brakes, well I don't think I've ever had brakes so good.

Almost finished with just some minor bits left to complete the build

P1050510.jpg

P1050511.jpg

Blue decals now removed from rims, might remove the other decals too
P1050512.jpg

P1050513.jpg

P1050514.jpg

P1050515.jpg

P1050516.jpg

P1050517.jpg

P1050518.jpg

P1050519.jpg

P1050520.jpg

Well the Graham Weigh 853 certainly seems to work, took it out tonight on a 13.2 mile circuit that I do regularly and managed to shave 4m 33s from my PB and my average speed went up by 1.5MPH

Most likely was the better weather since I last did the route. It certainly wasn't my fitness levels as I couldn't ride the last 5 weeks due to cracked ribs

Ouch, cracked ribs!

Yea, weather has a big impact. You were probably putting this new bike through its paces too. It looks great - I like how you've done it. Don't see many bikes around in yellow either.

N

Back