New carbon frame respray

Yes as I understand it carbon takes more prep and cannot be baked like metal frames.

Looks like Argos were doing it at one time though looking on their site and on google. There does seem to be a few figures being batted about and it looks to be about £250'ish.

It might be worth contacting Carbon Bike Solutions in Burton on Trent:

http://www.carboncyclerepairs.co.uk/index.html

Out of all the well-established frame builders/renovators, I know based on telephone discussions with the man himself that Chris Marshall (01535 691073) in West Yorkshire is able to do resprays for carbon bikes.

David

I have had quite a few naked carbon bits for my subaru impreza sprayed by a local bobyshop. Very nicely too :) there are a few bodyshops that are happy with carbon that I know of spread around the country..

Shaun

NeilM":vo55mobg said:
DO NOT USE Coloutech.

I had a frame reside there for around 5 months, which was only persuaded out of them by constant calls from Brian at Chas Roberts. A friend (and forum member) has been waiting a year for the return of his frame, despite constant contact with them.

In addition, some of the paint on my frame is very delicate, not what is required on Roberts mountain bike.

Tel, try Argos in Bristol.

Seems odd you had such bad experience, my job was done well and on time. Took 2 weeks (I think) ...

Montello":drxxpj64 said:
Took 2 weeks (I think) ...

I wish!

Every time I rang Roberts they would go and have a look, say it was not back and then go and chase Colourtech.

When I saw Brian recently at Bespoked Bristol, the first thing he did was apologise (again) for the delay.

Fortunately, I have Argos pretty much on my doorstep, so my Dave Lloyd is currently with them, and any future work will go there too.

NeilM":3onczxpb said:
Montello":3onczxpb said:
Took 2 weeks (I think) ...

I wish!

Every time I rang Roberts they would go and have a look, say it was not back and then go and chase Colourtech.

When I saw Brian recently at Bespoked Bristol, the first thing he did was apologise (again) for the delay.

Fortunately, I have Argos pretty much on my doorstep, so my Dave Lloyd is currently with them, and any future work will go there too.

I delt with colourtec direct no issue, perhaps the issue is with Roberts ...

I'm not sure; as I said in my original post, a fellow member has been waiting a year to get his frame back. He just cannot get them to return it.

NeilM":3313pdv3 said:
I'm not sure; as I said in my original post, a fellow member has been waiting a year to get his frame back. He just cannot get them to return it.

Is he dealing direct?

Anyway all I can do is share my own experience which was excellent.

Montello":1qqh40dm said:
Is he dealing direct?

Anyway all I can do is share my own experience which was excellent.

Yes he is and likewise, I can only speak as I find, and I'm pleased they have done good work for you.

They were recommended to me by a fellow forum member who builds mtb's to extremely high and exacting standards, so I figured if they were good enough for him and for Chas Roberts, then they were good enough for me.

Back