The HiFi chat, build and modification thread!

It does indeed - especially with the lid on, working perfectly and completely inaudible in circuit (to me anyway!) between 'flat' and 'bypass' :)

Finally happy with it!

DSCF0449_zps2031c6ba.jpg

When you've worked out a price let me know, and we'll see if i can afford it ;) i know someone with a Goldring GR1 turn table that won't spin, local to you would you be able to let me know how much you would charge just to inspect the issue with it at all please ?

No-one could afford this tone control! ;)

I imagine in parts alone, probably looking at £45 - £50. Suffice to say I wont be producing more (except for myself when I build my no-compromise pre-amp) unless I get a PCB made as construction alone would take a couple of days per.

As far as the Goldring, I'll take a look for nowt but obviously repair will be proportional to complexity / cost. It's a Rega clone so shouldn't pose too much of a problem.

He might have to get in line behind all these 'virtual' jobs LGF has for me ;)

All i can say is thank you so much for taking the project on and doing it so quickly , pm me the price when you ready, i'm not far away so could pick it up no problem. What bass/treble frequencies did you use in the end.

Quickly?? Took me ages by my standards! I had a prototype headphone amp in an evening! :D

Will dig out my notes for turnover frequencies later, but the bass is shifted down from standard baxendall configuration to 400Hz turnover with max operation at around 20 - 30Hz, and treble upwards from standard 1kHz to around 4kHz with max effectiveness starting at around 10kHz.

Obviously, with a tone control, it's not a steep / step response (that would cause huuuuge phase shift problems) so there is effect below the peak, but I've shifted them up and down from standard. The bass lift works brilliantly with the new Public Service Broadcasting CD! :)

as a PS i have no idea on your cycle fixing skills you may be a wizz at that too (bit of ego massage there), but as an ex good mechanic/wheel builder etc........if you have any bike things need doing, just let me know i'm in Malvern quite often volunteering etc :D

Will do. General stuff, rebuilds etc I'm OK with, but wheel building has always looked like a black art to me :D

Parts cost (the majority of which is the box, the op amps and the power supply) was in the order of £55.

Back