Marin B-17 1999 for sale

CeeJayR

Retro Newbie
Hi everyone!

I have for sale a 1999 Marin B-17 in excellent condition.

It has virtually all stock parts, which I think is pretty rare for a bike of this age, which was commonly upgraded to be more DH-worthy.

The frame is a 19.5” / Large according to Marin. This was the largest of the frame sizes that a B-17 came in for 1999. For reference I am 5’11”. The centre BB to centre seat post clamp distance is 21.5”.

Almost every part on the bike is original:

Frame: Marin B-17 with 6” travel from a shock works shock (rebound damping works fine)
Forks: Manitou X-Vert T (100mm travel – rebound damping is a little fast)
Stem: Marin
Bars: Marin
Grips: Lizard Skins Steve Peat signature lock-on grips with red anodised collars

Wheels: Mavic X223 rims on Diatech 6-bolt disc hubs (never used with rim brakes)
Brakes: Hope C2 with sport levers (recently had new pads / cleaned discs)
Tyres: IRC Mythos XC (original and now out of production)

Seat post and clamp: Marin
Saddle: WTB SSTX (small tear – see pics)

Chainset: STX-RC (not the original one that came with the bike – BUT I was able to source a New Old Stock chainset, the same that was originally supplied on this bike and installed it with brand new matching chainrings that have about 5 miles put on them since being installed)
Cassette and chain were new shortly before I bought the bike and are a good match for the NOS chainset.
Rear Mech: Shimano LX
Shifters: Shimano 3x8 STX-RC
Pedals: Wellgo V8 copies

The paintwork is in good condition for age and there are no dents at all as far as I can see. I’ve included pictures to show the condition but overall I’d say, for its age, the bike is in excellent condition.

I’ve not owned this bike from new and I've have hardly ridden it myself due to work and other commitments. It was serviced before I bought it and I’ve been over every part of the bike since to make sure it’s running sweet.

The only thing I’d say in the interest of full disclosure is that the forks could do with a service as the rebound damping is quite weak at present. Rideable, but faster that I would like. The rear sus is working well with no damping issues and comes with a 550-650lbs spring.

Asking price is now £280 which is think is reasonable for condition and spec but please ask me any questions. I'm based in Leicestershire and willing to travel / post etc.

(edited 30-07-13 to remove pictures)

Back