Aviemore National Meet Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, any chance I could take up that offer of a lift, Alfa failed on the rear discs and a leaky shock :(

I can take the afternoon off so will be ready whenever you guys are.

For drowning sorrows TK and anyone else, DaveDH assures me the wee shop/cafe beside the Glenmore campsite has a small bar now so thats two beer serving establishments within close proximity to our tents, there and Glenmore Lodge Outdoor Ed Centre :D

given the heavy rain in aviemore tomorrow/thurs plus the snow melt fair chance the river crossings may be a bit difficult on the Saturday ?

is there a back up plan just in case ?

The river crossing is on the way to Loch Einich isn't it, so just turn back and head up and eastwards, cairngorms walking club footbrigde, then SE into the hills as far as we fancy?

I did the Loch Einich run last November and the river crossings are not bad. Only one might be an issue if there is a lot of water about. There was a nice new metal bridge over the other bigger one and from memory the only other one is just a wee burn. Just bring your waterproof socks Keith. ;)

firedfromthecircus":1yhhyhta said:
I did the Loch Einich run last November and the river crossings are not bad. Only one might be an issue if there is a lot of water about. There was a nice new metal bridge over the other bigger one and from memory the only other one is just a wee burn. Just bring your waterproof Pants Keith. ;)

Grrrr - very unlikely to attend as I'm away the next three weekends and may be forced to look after bairns on Sunday whilst cutting grass and fettling motorsickle for impending trip to Skye :D
Weather lookin decent for ya's though. Pity about Rothiemurchus campsite being full - that would've been a hoot ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back