1997 Altitude T.O.

I think that needs a red ano RF Real Seal headset with matching Air Alloy bar, powder coated yellow RF Turbine LPs, and black RF Deus stem and XY seatpost.

Oh wait… I think a pic would better persuade you of my opinion. ;)

Attachments

• DSC03862.JPG
    DSC03862.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 751
PeteC":2fhmu5x5 said:
Minus 2 points for the Deus stem, Frank. Otherwise, full points. ;)

but why? the first gen Deus XC stems are such beautiful CNC loveliness!

Attachments

• DeusXCstem.jpg
    DeusXCstem.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 740
Lovely Vertex you have there! It's a '96 or '97 I suppose?

As for cranks, I think the current red ones looks awesome, but I have a spare set of red powdercoated ones that are battered. Having them powdercoated in yellow is a good destination for them. I'll change the chainrings for gold/red/gold from Syncros and Raceface somewhere soon as well.

So a complete RaceFace setup for stem, post and bars is a nice alternative to the Syncros dictate as I can see. Hmmm.... why not getting another bike set up like this. After all, why choose?

PeteC":14f0xlry said:
Minus 2 points for the Deus stem, Frank. Otherwise, full points. ;)

Just having a laugh, really, Frank. Can't recall if the original CNC'd Deus was period-correct to 1997? Not that it matters, it RF and it's a lovely stem.

troje":332o5awk said:
Lovely Vertex you have there! It's a '96 or '97 I suppose?

It's a 96, RM 15th Anniversary edition. It's in really fairly poor shape, as with the components. It only looks good from a far unfortunately. :( I'm building it up as loaner/thrasher.

PeteC":332o5awk said:
Just having a laugh, really, Frank. Can't recall if the original CNC'd Deus was period-correct to 1997? Not that it matters, it RF and it's a lovely stem.

I've been trying to figure out when these stems were produced. But not likely period correct for the frame. I think these stems were from mid/late 2000 or so. When did RF first offered a stem… early 2000? Think their first were the "System" ones? Or "Prodigy"?

Attachments

• DSC03870.JPG
    DSC03870.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 565
Some progress on this beauty, rather evolution than revolution though. I think gold ano fits the bike really well, so I've fitted a gold H2O and a nice set of Syncros gold anodized chainrings. The middle one is a silver version, gold ones are quite hard to find but I'll fit them whenever I've got my hands on one.

And yes, those are yellow Ouri's :eek:

DSC_1038.JPG

very nice buddy, i never had the pleasure of ridding one of those puppies but my old trainer had a later alloy altitude,could it have been a 20th anniversary ?he loved it !
i was ridding a klein attitude team at the time, the team edition my mates just to call it a spiegel e (fried egg) because of the yellow and white

1. Lovely Altitude! The gold rings and red cranks look great. The middle ring helps it from looking like you have the gold vinyl version of "Pieces of Eight" draped around your cranks. I just disagree with the tires. Still, nice bike, man.

2. And minus one for not having black rings on those pretty yellow cranks, Frank. Great Vertex, though. Congrats.

3. The SyStem was the more period correct stem than the later Deus. The early Deus stems had the nicest finish.

4. That water bottle cage would look great on my Altitude...

Back