Alpinestars Al-Mega '92-'91 rewind

donny70

Retro Guru
Woo Hoo, Finally I got an Alpinestars Al-Mega.

Sooooo everyone what should I do.
Polish it and stick some manitou's on? Do it up as the olderschool fluro version?
I'm veering towards a polishing and some decals like the Ti version.

Or am I over thinking this??

Re: Finally I got an Alpinestars Al-Mega

The paint looks pretty good to me - why not trying giving it a good clean then t-cut, polish with some AutoGlym wax? That would bring the colour up nicely and all the original decals could be kept. Most of the marks on bare frames look bad but when youve built a frame up most of them are hidden.

You don't see many Astars in this colour with original paint, would be a shame to lose it.

another vote for keeping it original.
and don't swap out the original rigid fork either.
looks the best with it. nice fork.
roy

All these ideas while good sound way to simple. Surely there's a far more complicated way of doing this??

Rob Atkin":1akazhy9 said:
The paint looks pretty good to me - why not trying giving it a good clean then t-cut, polish with some AutoGlym wax? That would bring the colour up nicely and all the original decals could be kept. Most of the marks on bare frames look bad but when youve built a frame up most of them are hidden.

You don't see many Astars in this colour with original paint, would be a shame to lose it.

Ok. I've been thinking about this a bit. Here goes...

There are a fair few wear areas where the paint is back to the undercoat so I'll definitely have to paint it. So I was thinking. A blue base coat with a clearcoat on top.

The clearcoat will have a small bit of fine red pearl in it so the frame glints slightly purple in the sunlight and then the decals on top.

Back