91 Merlin retro/modern/custom build (aka the Merlingham)

The chainrings arrive last week. I also picked up some Ritchey titanium crank bolts.

At this point I'm just waiting on the fork, and I need to get the brakes anodized.

agonizing wait... I know. :facepalm:

morati_blackspire_1.jpg

morati_blackspire_2.jpg

morati_blackspire_3.jpg

morati_blackspire_4.jpg

good choice in rings!!! i ordered the exact same set myself to go on a NOS set of RF gunmetal finished Turbine LPs I have socked away for a future build! :shock: i should be getting my rings this w/e.

i'd LOVE to snag a set of Morati Ti cranks and M-bar stem/bar combo.

think you should pick up some black ano Ti chainring bolts.

RockiMtn":15idbyr1 said:
good choice in rings!!! i ordered the exact same set myself to go on a NOS set of RF gunmetal finished Turbine LPs I have socked away for a future build! :shock: i should be getting my rings this w/e.

I've got another set on my Bonty and have been very happy with them, plus they're Canadian
thumbsup.gif

My only complaint (and it is a very minor one), is that the outer chainring is a slightly lighter color than the middle and inner rings. Won't matter much in the long run, but certainly noticeable when everything is shiny and new.

i'd LOVE to snag a set of Morati Ti cranks and M-bar stem/bar combo.

It was a fair bit of luck that allowed me to acquire these cranks. I know a lot of people consider them only for use by people weighing 98lbs or less, but I also know people that are 6'6"+ and 200lbs+ that have been riding them for years with no cracks and no problems. I don't plan on riding this bike in anger so hopefully I've got a set of cranks manufactured on Wednesday (not Monday (welder still drunk from weekend) or Friday (welder thinking about getting drunk on weekend))

think you should pick up some black ano Ti chainring bolts.

All I had on hand were the blue ones, but I may try some black ones later.

Any new updates? :)

Got my Blackspire chainring set today. As with yours, they are slightly off as well in colour. :( But somewhat opposite. :? My inner ring is lighter than the outer two. But overall it compliments the arm fairly well.

Attachments

• DSC03859.JPG
    DSC03859.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 347
Just got the brakes back from the anodizers (minus a couple hex bolts they forgot to process - the shop claims they will send them to me in the next couple of days), the forks and stem are done and painted. This project will soon enter the "build" phase. Yay!

Back