Life beyond Orange - advice required

Logic.Al":2v8k6wel said:
...a Vitamin T or T2 ;)

That's what I'd look for :)

Although you obviously have enough Oranges in your diet, you can never have too much Vitamin "T" ;)

My reference to others disrespecting Oranges and my subsequent reaction was rather tongue in cheek :D
I'm perfectly happy with my lot and will never part with the 'O' too much history and so so many miles (that saddle never did break in) and will never part with the P7
The E3 is not set up for me and at 19" may not be ideal but I will ride it and form my own opinion ( the wife is happy regardless)

You are more right when you say what excuse do you need for another bike

I'm the first to admit that whilst riding for many years covering thousands of miles I have little experience of what many different bikes ride like, and this is what I now want to remedy
but I want to do this as well informed as I can and that is where this community will be invaluable. I fully appreciate that all I have asked for is opinions and I will make up my own mind between all the advice that is given

Thank you all and keep it coming

Interesting comment on the Pace, is this similar to my Alu O
As this is hard?

Aluminium Ohhh":c43koxkk said:
I would appreciate your valued opinions on looking for my next bike and before I post a 'Wanted'

I'm 6'2" with long legs and so it will need to a 21" frame - Large, Hard tail, maybe Titanium (never ridden one)

Point me in the right direction please

Im 6'3" and found a 21" clockwork to be the best bike ive ever ridden for fit.Even comfortable for small jumps and stuff.
I went to a Raleigh 20" RSP 550 titanium. and it was a nice ride. Then a lucky gumtree Ti find which is 20 1/2" and i find that better. Its more top tube length than seat tube length for us long un's :? Without going mad on the stem length that is. 90-110mm

...ever considered a Marin? I am just under 6ft 4" and ride a 19"...the Team comes with the longer top tube and I find them a real nice fit...jus sayin!

Just wanted to say a big thank you to you all

I will now do some research based upon your excellent advice before beginning my next search

Cheers

Well I had a lovely 19" C16r BITD and loved it, Just built a 17" C16r and love it....

But I always wanted a Kona.... so I built a 19" '94 fire mountain with a mostly XT groupset and I love it to bits! And that's one of the low end frames! It rides really well and I love the way it handles.

I'd say try a Kona. Also how long are your legs? Mine are 34" and a 19" feels big for me (but then I like small frames/long seatposts) :oops:

Back