1988 Cannondale 24"x24" FINISHED 13.07.2013

Re: 1988 Cannondale 24"x24"

Phwoar!! What a find! Racy little RED

My son is only 3..I'd hang it up after I got it ready and wait til it fitted him :D :D :D

Starting to look gorgeous after your elbow grease. Nice

raidan73":2ijt2tul said:
Retro_Roy":2ijt2tul said:
hi
i just stumbled on this thread searching info on my new '85 cannondale. :)
isn't in as good a condition as yours though.
looking forward to seeing what you do with it.
we can compare notes.
roy

Mine isn't getting too much work. Most bits will just be stripped down, regreased and polished but there will be a few new parts fitted. It's not in the same league of retro as yours although it does have parts that are older than the frame. I'd be interested to see some close ups of your rollercam mounting plate as I recently decided against buying a 85/86 as I didn't want the bmx caliper on the rear.
hi
sounds like we are going the same road. this a low low budget build. use as much as it came with. tidy it up and see what it looks like. i picked up the wheels for mine today. just finished cleaning them up. will be updating my thread soon. i think mine is an '84. :)
ya i don't know what's the story on my rear brake. checked catalogue spec's and it should be a bmx-ish dia compe ??--1000 i think it is. but mine is a rollercam. was hoping some could shed some light on it, but no help so far.
yours is definetly in the same retro league. very cool. even more with 24x24.
here's my rear brake. will be adding a few shots of it to my thread. check out that mounting plate. :shock:
stock cannondale?????? aftermarket????
roy

Attachments

• Cannondale 26.24 003.JPG
    Cannondale 26.24 003.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 1,236

saulus":2z2tr3xq said:
Phwoar!! What a find! Racy little RED

My son is only 3..I'd hang it up after I got it ready and wait til it fitted him :D :D :D

Starting to look gorgeous after your elbow grease. Nice

My son is 4 and currently riding a 20" wheel. Something tells me that when he is old enough to ride it, it won't be the kind of bike he wants! Might be my wife's new bike - she's only 5' tall

Bike is looking great so far! That frame cleaned up nicely. I have a soft spot for old Cannondales- I live about 2 miles from that station!

David633":3s1df9po said:
Bike is looking great so far! That frame cleaned up nicely. I have a soft spot for old Cannondales- I live about 2 miles from that station!

Cool, what does the station look like now?

Well I wasn't going to spend much on this but I couldn't resist these nos Dia Compe levers :roll:

dscf5762q.jpg

I have just bought a pair of those ^^ for my SM700. I can't wait to fit them :) They are rather nicely made aren't they? Very adjustable and strong. Dubbed "bat wing" levers due to the resemblance :cool:

Can I ask a favour?... Would you scan in the fitting instructions into here:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=9 for me to use later?

Sorry... That'll teach you to show off! :LOL:

saulus":2fdjwmzf said:
I have just bought a pair of those ^^ for my SM700. I can't wait to fit them :) They are rather nicely made aren't they? Very adjustable and strong. Dubbed "bat wing" levers due to the resemblance :cool:

Can I ask a favour?... Would you scan in the fitting instructions into here:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=9 for me to use later?

Sorry... That'll teach you to show off! :LOL:

Yep, love them. Very unusual and beefy as hell!

No scanner at home but will try to remember to take them to work and do it.

Congrat´s on the rescue of this old `dale. Those eighties machines are way-cool stuff. The first "real" mountain bike i saw in person was such a C´dale equipped with Roller Cams and these Dia Compe brake levers. :xmas-big-grin:

Back