longun

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
what next ??

Please forward this to as many people as possible!!! (British
Citizens)
The world-famous Red Arrows have been banned from appearing at the
2012 London Olympics because they are deemed 'too British'.
Organisers of the event say that the Arrows military background might be 'offensive' to other countries taking part in the Games.
The display team have performed at more than 4000 events worldwide, but the Department of Culture, Media and Sport have deemed the display team 'too militaristically British.' Red Arrows pilots were said to be 'outraged', as they had hoped to put on a truly world class display for the Games, something which had never been seen before. Being axed from a British-based event for being 'too British' is an insult - the Arrows are a symbol of Britain.

The Red Arrows have been excellent ambassadors for British overseas trade, as they display their British-built Hawk aircraft all over the world.
The Arrows performed a short flypast in 2005 when the winning bid was announced, but their flypast at the Games was to have been truly spectacular.
It is to be hoped that common sense prevails.
If you disagree with this decision, sign the petition on the link

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/RedArrows201 ... Arrows2012

Forward this on to everyone you can.
What the heck is this country coming to?

I've signed it (along with 383,000 others), but there is this response form the government:

Petition update, 27 September 2007, while petition was still openThe e-petition asking the Prime Minister to "to Allow the Red Arrows to Fly at the 2012 Olympics" is ongoing. This is a response in advance of the closing date from the Government

This allegation is not true. The Government has not banned the Red Arrows from the London 2012 Olympic Games. The organising committee of London 2012 will decide what to include in the Opening Ceremony and other celebrations - but with almost five years to go, decisions are yet to be made on what these will look like.

And of course the Red Arrows played a memorable role in the celebrations for 2012, when they flew over Trafalgar Square to mark London winning the Games.

Oh good grief :evil:
This Country is sinking....too many chinless bureaucrats/health and saftey/over-paid CEO's/spineless Politicians etc etc etc. Too angry to compose a lucid post.
In the words of the late/great Hancock
'stop the world, I want to get off'
HB

Harryburgundy":33f9vs1u said:
Oh good grief :evil:
This Country is sinking....too many chinless bureaucrats/health and saftey/over-paid CEO's/spineless Politicians etc etc etc. Too angry to compose a lucid post.
HB

Agreed.

It scares me what kind of world my kids are going to have to deal with when they grow up :shock:

Very soon they'll abolish the world 'British' because it offends the non-British people that live in our country.

Bring back the Britain that my parents and grandparents grew up in......NOW!

Edit: hang on a minute.....am I allowed to say this, or is expressing an opinion allowed in this country?

If this turns out to be true ;-1 can the Hawk still be arm,ed . ;- 2 how quickley can it be done . ;- 3 i've had a good few hours on my P.C. similater and would happly bomb the shit out of the **** wits that are running our country. Ive noticed i.m getting very millitant in my old age and think its about time this country had a good kick in the bollacks. Theres a statemnet heard over hear from time to time that i think is about right " polatitions are just like nappies , they both contain the same stuff and nead changing regular"

Harryburgundy":my3n8w9q said:
HB

I always thought it was Mint Sauce that said that. Maybe Hancock paraphrased the great ovine?

Kestonian":2bj6kf64 said:
Harryburgundy":2bj6kf64 said:
HB

I always thought it was Mint Sauce that said that. Maybe Hancock paraphrased the great ovine?

It was the sheep.

Kestonian":3hjlavcc said:
Harryburgundy":3hjlavcc said:
HB

I thought it was the Stone Roses: what the world is waiting for.

Pretty sure this has been disproved as an urban myth.

The problem with this country is that nobody has given a f*ck about politics for the past 20 (50???) years, yet as soon as some bullsh*t story about 'the EU straightening our bananas' or 'immigrants are stealing all our jobs/ruining house prices etc' we're all up in arms.

Frankly it would be hilarous if it wasn't so pathetic. Still, it keeps tripe like the Daily Mail in print.

(No doubt my ironic pseudo-political observations will rub someone up the wrong way, again)

Back