Kirroughtree tomorrow

Oooft, could have been worse I suppose.

Is that the rocky drop where the track kinks left immediately, and there's a tree to hit of you don't make the left turn? If so, that claimed JimiH too - Had a nice big balloon hand and that was the end of his day too.

Weathers looking OK for Monday, 99% sure I'll be there :D I had Kirro down on my 'to do 2013' list.

A grand day out with Kaiser. Weather was great. I did come off a couple of times and have a nice gash on my left knee .... nothing serious though.

I was seriously under biked. I'm afraid that taking the old Cannondale to Kirroughtree was like taking a knife to a gunfight. Klaus was floating over things that I had to carry. Bit of a bummer. And the wishbone hardtail shook my kidneys so much I was in agony.

Now sitting in the sunshine absolutely knackered !

K'Tree's a modern Trail Centre, even i have to accept that the best bike for a trail centre is a modern or modernish bike. Old mtb's are more like adventure tourers and thats where they'll be in there element at Aviemore :D

I agree to a certain extent Velo however the old F700 has been round the red and bits of black at Glentress without much drama. Kirroughtree is a whole lot harder ! Lots of rocky step ups and drops which really require a bit of travel to negotiate

Hawmaw":3vghm1d0 said:
Kirroughtree is a whole lot harder ! Lots of rocky step ups and drops which really require a bit of travel to negotiate

My ribs agree!
Kirroughtree black is up there with Laggan black as the toughest trail centres in Scotland. A decent amount of travel and a whole load of confidence are needed to conquer the rocky sections. After my crash I was left with only the travel and crawled and walked a lot of the rest. Mate on a hard tail rode a lot more than I did. Really need to work on this, good on flowing trails but I find Kirroughtree often throws a tricky section in just after a blind corner.
Practice, practice, practice.

Me thinks Kirroughtree doth needs some taming I feel there is a need to pay a visit
and show who is master :twisted:

RobMac":292xl63l said:
Me thinks Kirroughtree doth needs some taming I feel there is a need to pay a visit
and show who is master :twisted:

I'll bring the Go-Pro :D

Back