can I have some help identifying this bike please

...don't think yours is a Haro Extreme - there is no gusset at the downtube/headtube junction...

Plus the rear brake cable stop isn't Haro. Frame is clearly very similar otherwise.

Hi well whatever it is? it's worth £15 bars/bar ends/levers/seatpin/chainset/b.brk't/mech's/tyre's etc etc.
I could be on for bar ends.

One easy way to mech frames is the flick tests with the sound you get when you flick middle of tubes away from fixings.high sound high grade/low duller low grade/gas pipe.
It does have a sticker on low seat tube plus notice at rear above brakes a fixing not on other pics(red nose grinder)and has been said no gusset around lower headset but the gap between tubes is more than other two around there also.
Also rear cabling isn't the same but there again the other two frames are earlier with canti's and thats got V brakes plus the rear end is a mix between the other two as has the sim type of top seat stay to bridge area as red one but black frame is smoother.
See if you can find a frame number and a pic of rear ends/drop outs plus seat collars handy also
But for £15 you can't lose.

cheers guys. Im going to go for it even if it is only for parts. just waiting for the owner to arrange a viewing as he's busy with work at the moment but i know the bars, shifters and wheels will be good for my planned project (I really need to stop buying bikes now :LOL: ).

but for now I have plenty of bikes to play around with at work and just got a (modern) saracen rufftrax for £15 to mess about with which only needs the brakes sorting-was good enough to ride it home. Im beginning to think its turning into an addiction :roll:

Have you got it? Would be good to know what it actually was seeing as though i passed on a very similar one near me. The consensus was that it was probably a Haro experiment that had been resprayed before being sold, or not..... :?

Rampage":5engwvjb said:
That'll be the Daewoo, Genius.

Got any pics?

Couldn't fine any reference to pebble dashed and de stickered Daewoos or pics of anything approaching the size of the two bikes in the threads. I'll grant you the frame style is very similar though.

MarinMartin":f63uk0ee said:
cheers history man. that could be a possibility. in which case its a 23" frame (I ride a 17-18" :LOL: )

compare the top tube length measured horizontally on your bikes but it does appear to be a larger size frame.

that is very quirky - not seen anything like that before.

been to see it and I do like it. we have a daewoo genius in work and looks different. getting it home tomorrow so will get some better pics when its home. looks like original paint to me as well.

along with a couple more bikes I just picked up :LOL: will put a thread up for them (giant stonebreaker - think 18" frame-and muddyfox ranger mega)

i knew it looked different. look at the back of the frame the triangle section.

now look at the daewoo genius below. the bottom of the triangle section goes around the frame and down. not part of the seat tube.

Attachments

• daewoo.jpg
    daewoo.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 147
Back