80s or 90s quality mountain bike, Muddy Fox/Marin etc.

Flood

Dirt Disciple
Hi there,

I am after a high quality steel mountain bike to convert to a touring machine. I am 5 ft 9 with a 33" inside leg think I want something with like a 18-19 inch frame a 22 inch top tube.

Would love a Muddy Fox or a Marin Pine mountain or something of similar quality. A lightweight frame and rack mounts for panniers are essential. It will be taking me a long way (Istanbul to London) so i want something solid and with a bit of character. Garish paint jobs welcome!

Best regards.

Flood

How about a spez stumpjumper comp tange prestige db 16.1/2-17" shimano drop outs built last year of u brake on rears and last year spez built in japan also.
Had redone with seat stay canti's top tube cables chain suck bolts for plate and 9underneath down tube bosses if i remember right?) has a primax misura headset sim to mavic one with locking insert in purple and use purple ti seat bolt 26.8mm seatpin.130mm spacing across rears so can put 700's in with plate for rear brake.
Purple and white paint. inc forks.

zaskar.le":3isnj89e said:
How about a spez stumpjumper comp tange prestige db 16.1/2-17" shimano drop outs built last year of u brake on rears and last year spez built in japan also.
Had redone with seat stay canti's top tube cables chain suck bolts for plate and 9underneath down tube bosses if i remember right?) has a primax misura headset sim to mavic one with locking insert in purple and use purple ti seat bolt 26.8mm seatpin.130mm spacing across rears so can put 700's in with plate for rear brake.
Purple and white paint. inc forks.

Do you have any pictures?

How about this, a Marin Bear Valley with fresh powder coat ready to go.

Attachments

• P1000970.JPG
    P1000970.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 612
Got this
file-1_zps1dc49cf7.jpg

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=212061

Or this
file-2_zps79014ae4.jpg

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=235563

Back