Dynatech Diablo part built .. splitting

trek_y

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I've had this for a while and keep thinking its too small, I'm not going to ride it, it's my 3rd bike, etc ..... but never can bring myself to part with it. So to make my mind up once and for all I'm going to offer it up here for what it owes me and see what happens...

Frame - Dynatech Diablo size 18" centre to top, paint is in excellent condition and still a lovely diabolic red, a few scratches and small bubbles here and there but you have to be close to see them. It's the 2125 frameset so 3 main tubes are titanium.
Now the bad news - The BB is stuck in the frame. I have tried to get it out but the plastic collar disintegrated and I can't budge it from the other side. It's no doubt the original so is 122.5mm width for Deore DX MT60 cranks. But it is free of play and although feels rough by hand spins ok with cranks attached. Seatclamp included. no longer for sale
Fork - Spinner Cr-Mo 1 1/8th threaded in excellent condition. £20
Original headset (Diacompe ?) is available if wanted with frame or fork.
Stem - Zoom Original 120mm slight rise in satin silver with top cap present and correct (A1 condition) £9 sold
Bars - Raleigh Titanium original painted black 540mm £9 sold
Brake levers - Shimano DX (the red ones, one needs a bit of a touch up) £9 sold
Seatpost - Amoeba Titanium 26.4 and 350mm (A1 condition) £28
Saddle - San Marco Rolls (A1 condition) £28
Mechs - Deore DX (A1 condition) front 28.6 BP £9, rear inc red jockey bolts £25 both sold for £30

The wheels are not included

Happy to sort out a deal on multiple items or all of the above for £160.

Re: Testing the water .... Dynatech Diablo part built

Possible interest in mechs and seat if split. Might be able to collect too.

Happy to split those for you coomber and arrange collection, would be good to meet a fellow RB'er seeing as I have never been able to make one of the local rides....yet.

What size is the front mech and tp or bp?

Hello mate,

Nice dyna tech.

I am interested but but only for a certain price. I don't wan't to insult you as it is a nice bike but i have bought and sold several of these. I've got three dyna techs. My similar 92 Diablo DX frame, forks, headset and x lite seat tube cost me £35. My m trax Ti frame, forks, headset, seat tube and bb were free from the tip. My latest 91 dyna tech odyssey frame, forks, headset, stem,dyna tech seat post, wheels, suntour crank and a nice pair of tyres £30. Sold now, but I got a 91 encounter complete bike for £40.
I would possibly be interested in frame, forks, headset but at a price of circa £40 posted? Please bear in mind that the bb is stuck in also.

If my potential offer is no good then good luck with the sale dude.

Regards,

Jimbo

Thanks for the info Jimbo and tbh its the sort of answer which has made up my mind to keep the frame. I probably paid a bit over the odds for it as got carried away on Ebay thanks to the colour and the stuck BB was an undisclosed unpleasant suprise but I was happy to get the frame and forks for £70. I really was 50/50 on whether I wanted to sell or not so I will now build this up as a bit of a pub bike / hack with my other random spares which aren't worth selling. The other components like the saddle and titanium seatpost are not standard issue so will still be available.
Well done on your purchases and tip find - it's always good to get a bargain (as I did with my RC200).

No worries dude. Get it built and get out on it!

These are great frames that's why I have several. Although I have paid cheap money for mine in the past, yours is probably worth more than I have offered. I think these are underated frames and for a half titanium, alu and steel combo £60 is great value.

I have 7 bikes at the moment and have no need at all for an eighth...... But I thought there would be no harm in a cheeky offer :D

Back